Naming Your Own Title?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isProgressive

The Fly
I wonder if it would be possible. Another forum I am on set this up and everyone is totally happy with their own personal label. besides..the way the titles are setup now only has to do with is number of posts...and 1 can just read that under their name anyway.

It's possible but Elvis' choice is not to as it could tend to get out of hand and nearly impossible for us to monitor everyone's title to make sure they are acceptable.

my two cents

I've seen what you're talking about, and sometimes the names are things you'd never see here. I'm not going to name forums, but I'd imagine some of the titles that would be dreamt up. ;)

I think the way it's set up now is fine. There's one system everyone goes by, and its easy for the new members to follow. :)

Sicy said:
It's possible but Elvis' choice is not to as it could tend to get out of hand and nearly impossible for us to monitor everyone's title to make sure they are acceptable.

I agree with that. People can personalize their sigs and avatars...I think the statuses should stay controlled by the admins.

I like it the way it is now...if you give everyone their own choice...some of the bad kids are likely to abuse the privilege :macdevil:

Bonochick said:

I agree with that. People can personalize their sigs and avatars...I think the statuses should stay controlled by the admins.

I second that, heh. Avatars were a very rare thing at the old board, and now everyone has them.. custom statuses are the only thing left that is a privilege. A reward, sort of.

Bono's American Wife said:
I like it the way it is now...if you give everyone their own choice...some of the bad kids are likely to abuse the privilege :macdevil:

what a shame that a few bad apples had to spoil the fun for everyone -Eric "Otter" Stratton

:down: :rolleyes:

I was gonna post this in 'Stuck in a moment' when I saw this thred. But does anyone really know what the different ranks are? So far I figured out that it goes from highest to lowest...

Sicy the fem-don :wink:
Poptart
VIP PASS
Band-aid
Rock n Roll Doggie
New Yorker
Refugee
War Child
(Some other unknown titles)
The Fly
Babyface

So what are the other unknown ones? Maybe only Sicy and Elvis can answer this but I was just wondering :scratch::shrug:

Bonochick said:
Sad but true in so many situations.
unfortunately, it's a part of life. i mean, i have super high car insurance cuz of my age. it sucks that because there's a few (well, more like thousands lol) of bad teenage drivers, every teen driver gets high insurance.

anyway, even if the admins controlled it and did it automatically (like they had to approve every change), that's all they'd be doing, cuz everyone would be changing their minds so much. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom