My interference won't update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drumkeeran

War Child
Upstate NY, USA - own personal Bono pleaser
I've tried logging out, marking all forums read, deleting cookies manually...but my interference won't move off of 1/1/05 for news, 1/11/05 for forums and journal entries.

The only way I can get it to look at current forum entries is do a search function, and then it makes me login again before I do it. I can't access current stuff at all through my personal laptop. I'm hijacking my husband's work one to write this.

I feel like a computer idiot (well, which I am these days!).

Please blue crack forum gods/goddesses please help!!

Thank you!

So.. are you having problems on one computer or two? One I could understand, two makes no sense.

Also... what operating system do you have (version of windows?), what web browser are you using, and what version?

I don't think the problem is your computer
the exact same stuff just keeps getting posted over and over

I just told someone yesterday that was the reply I would get

and I do know the definition of trolling by the way

Salome said:

Well Salome, if you dont, I'd advise you to read the FAQ/Rules.

Salome said:
I don't think the problem is your computer
the exact same stuff just keeps getting posted over and over

I actually thought that was funny. I laughed out loud. In many ways he's right. Some of the forums are like a broken record right now. How's this trolling?

biff said:

I actually thought that was funny. I laughed out loud. In many ways he's right. Some of the forums are like a broken record right now. How's this trolling?

Read the FAQs def. on trolling.

Thanks, Elvis. I did read that. It's borderline at best.
I suspect the reaction has much to do with the person who posted the remark, and not with the nature of the remark itself. If one of the comedians at this site had posted that, it would have been laughed off.

biff said:
Thanks, Elvis. I did read that. It's borderline at best.
I suspect the reaction has much to do with the person who posted the remark, and not with the nature of the remark itself. If one of the comedians at this site had posted that, it would have been laughed off.

Trolling (and most rules here) takes into account the person, nature of the comments, and history.

let's discuss the nature of the comment indeed
I pointed out that this forum (actually I didn't even point out it was this forum, it could have been about the internet in general) tends to be repetetive
and indeed I added a touch of humour to that comment
(that was a mistake, I do realise now, but you can't blame a man for trying)
to consider that as trolling would ask for a very interesting interpretation

if you hate my guts so much that you want to kick my arse from here than that's your right as site owner
but don't make up lame arsed trolling shit

Salome said:

if you hate my guts so much that you want to kick my arse from here than that's your right as site owner
but don't make up lame arsed trolling shit

Salome, it was another member that first mentioned 'trolling'. Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm the one who mentioned trolling.

And here's why: Salome, the only posts I ever see from you anymore are critical and bitter. It's as if you comb Interference looking for posts that you can respond to in a negative way. It's getting tiresome. If you don't like it here anymore, why continue to post? If you do like it here, why only post negatively? I really do want to know; this isn't a rhetorical question.

Salome said:

From the FAQ:
Trolling: Intentionally disrupting a forum by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information and/or hoping to get a rise out of people. The perpetrators are known as "trolls".

If you knew you'd get the reaction that you did, as you implied, you were trolling in this circumstance.

Thank goodness - after reading through the answers to my question I quickly found out the trolling remark wasn't towards me! I just kill thread topics.

Elvis - thank you - the problem is only occuring on my Dell Inspiron with Windows ME. I have used both my aol 6.0 browser and my dellnet (not sure which version, but I haven't upgraded that either).

I'm about to upgrade the operating system on this laptop to Windows XP so I can subscribe to iTunes and download music for my unused iPod. I'm quite nervous about this, but I don't have the excess funds to just get a new laptop (U2 funds for the fall leg are a priority!!).

I was able to grab this thread through my user CP subscription, so I can access new stuff, just not in the way intended.

As for you Salome, your attempt at humor was not appreciated since I took it personally immediately, as I am not a troll :madspit:! And I'm sorry if this is a repetitive question, but I tried to search for a similar answer. I'm calmer now:cool:!

Again, thank you Elvis for any help!!!

At first I thought you had blasted my question and called me a troll, then I realized you were blasting Salome.

Elvis,

I have one laptop with the problem, a Dell Inspiron 8000, Windows ME o/s, using both the dellnet browser and the aol 6.0 browser. I'll be upgrading to windows xp next week so I can format and start using my iPod.

Interference keeps logging me out, or making it very difficult for me to get new content.

Salome - mind your own f'in business!!!

I think I picked the right forum for my question and I even searched it to see if anyone else had the same problem. Pity you for picking on poor computer morons with your blithering internet garble! So there you bully!!!! (doubt that even scratched your nonexistent feelings, but I certainly feel better) :madspit:

Thanks Elvis for your help!!!

Edited to add: You can see by this double post - I thought the first responding post did not take, because I couldn't find it at all. Then I refreshed mark all forums read at the forum level and reached in for the updated thread to see both posts.

I know this certainly isn't a priority, but I'd appreciate some guidance...

Last edited:
drumkeeran,

Have you tried using Internet Explorer? That may not help however as both the dellnet and aol are based on Internet Explorer --- which Im guessing has a problem. You should attempt to clear your cache and set your pages to refresh each time they are loaded.

Also, you may want to dry installing Firefox browser.

Back
Top Bottom