Multimedia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I wanted to show a friend th Sweetest Thing vid. Since I'm at work and don't have my discs, I googled for a download and found one hosted by Interference:

http://www.interference.com/u2multimedia/

But this page has some java redirect script that loads the Interference homepage. I've disabled it so I can see this old multimedia page and it's got some cool stuff (rather, had some cool stuff, the links are all broken now).

I see there is no longer a multimedia link on the homepage. Is this a thing of the past?

Yes, due to high bandwidth costs (due to the volume) all the multimedia was removed about 1.5 yrs ago. The pages were left intact for 2 reasons... IF we ever brought back the files, and for the search engines.

Question: why leave them for the search engines when they redirect to a page that is of no value to the person searching? For example, I was searching for actual files and Intereference has none (which is fine) so I pretty much wasted your bandwith (yes, a very miniscule amount) screwing around with the empty multimedia site.

I must say that older look of Interference sure brought back some memories!

Basically... keeping the older pages alive and functioning, yet redirecting... helps keep the rank within the search engines.

When/if we ever have an active multimedia section again... we'll already be listed. Basically, for now... its a place holder.

It also serves as a method to attract others to the site, although they may be looking for mm files (and may not find them), we also know that they like or are interested in U2. So its another method of exposure.

Make sense?

Elvis said:

It also serves as a method to attract others to the site, although they may be looking for mm files (and may not find them), we also know that they like or are interested in U2. So its another method of exposure.

Make sense?

Yeah, it makes perfect sense, I just thing it's kinda annoying. I mean, it's not really to me since I already come here every day, but like I said, I was searching for multimedia files I could download and after going to a gazillion other pages that had NOTHING I was looking for, it was a bit irksome. The point of the search engine is to find what you want, no need for even more forms of advertising on the net. I might as well tag all of my sites and then redirect them to my eBay auctions...

The ebay redirection youre talking about.... is actually sweeping the internet ever since ebay announced their affiliate program.

An excellent site used to be U2links.com until someone basically stole the domain.... and did exactly that (ebay redirection).

Back
Top Bottom