MP3 instead Real Audio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herby_Mix

Babyface
Hi folks. Thanks for your time in this incredible site.
My suggestions is... could you put MP3 instead of Real Audio in the "song of the week" section?
Please, please.

------------------
Herbert Alvarado
GUATEMALA

Hi Herby...

For now, we will continue to use RealAudio instead of mp3s, for several reasons.

There are many places to find mp3s, I suggest checking the links on the Rejoice page, and may also want to check out Napster, Gnutella, Freenet, and various mp3 file swapping applications.

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

Okay, no MP3s.

How about *downloadable* real audio? ...particularly for the rarities.

Just a thought.

By the way, the MP3 of Daniel Lanois's "Still Water", posted here a LONG time ago, turned me on enough to get his album Acadie. And that album now resides in my top five of non-U2 albums I own.

*That* is why Interference rocks.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

The real issue lies in not the format which the media is delivered, but whether or not it is 'easily' downloadable or not, vs. streaming media.

It all comes down to the 'comfort zone' of the record labels and we'd prefer to stay in that comfort zone when it comes to our favorite band.

Like I said earlier... there are other methods to get these songs online.

Enjoy the music.

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

Oh... looking to avoid Napster-sized lawsuits, are we?

Say no more.
wink.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

He he he yeah I agree with the whole non-download thing, but I think 'cause U2 said it was okay(tell me if this is a falicy) that they don't mind people doing bootlegging and stuff so the whole thing of bootlegs of U2 on the net and stuff is okay with me...I don't know if that's okay with the record company though...hmmmm
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
There's no business like ZOOTV business.

Yep, as far as I know U2 have stated that they agree with the concept of bootlegging live shows. Its when you start downloading (stealing!) things that are available to buy, even if they are really obscure, that you get into the slightly more dodgy area
eek.gif
. I must say that I have been tempted in the past, and I did download tracks from M$H weeks before they were released but I'm not proud of it.
redface.gif
However, if the new album was leaked onto the net tomorrow I might have difficulty in sticking to my moral high ground!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom