moved threads - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:58 PM
moved threads

Once a thread is moved, does there need to be the thread in the original forum that says "Moved:....."? Just wondering b/c I was in the General Tour Discussion forum trying to find a thread that does belong in that forum and I was sifting through more "Moved" threads than legit ones. Obviously, the threads are moved to the appropriate forum to keep things organized, but why is a duplicate left in the wrong forum?

Old 03-17-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:58 PM
So the original poster knows where their thread went.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 03-17-2005, 11:10 AM   #3
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:58 PM
Re: moved threads

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Once a thread is moved, does there need to be the thread in the original forum that says "Moved:....."?
Yes.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
why is a duplicate left in the wrong forum?
i'd like to add that it's not really a duplicate, it's just a link to where it is now.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm on another board that doesn't leave a link when the threads are moved (the board isn't all that big), and the original poster threw a major hissy fit because he thought his thread had been deleted. It was a whole lot more ugly than leaving a link would have been.

But, yeah I was wading through scores of moved posts myself earlier, and it is a chore.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Perhaps if people could just learn to read and post in the right forums there wouldnt be a need for so many moved threads.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

i like to browse through the u2 trading post forum quite a bit, and i find the moved thread links quite a hassle to sort through
Old 03-18-2005, 02:39 AM   #8
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Perhaps if people could just learn to read and post in the right forums there wouldnt be a need for so many moved threads.
You know I know how you feel Sicy, truly, I did enough complaining about the shit mods had to do, but is there a need for mods to be so bloody rude all the time?

Old 03-18-2005, 04:39 AM   #9
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
You know I know how you feel Sicy, truly, I did enough complaining about the shit mods had to do, but is there a need for mods to be so bloody rude all the time?
she has a point though. a lot of people are now posting disclaimers that they know they're posting in the wrong forum but we need to leave it where it is because that forum gets more traffic. or people complain when their thread is moved that now no one will see it.

there are forum descriptions for every forum here and i don't understand why we need to move any threads.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:07 AM   #10
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I don't know if that's fair, Ange. Whenever I move a thread--particularly, say, if I've been moving sensitive threads to ZC or something--I'm always careful to post a smiley and a note on where I'm moving the thread. If I can, I'll post an explanation as to why I'm moving it.

Join Amnesty.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #11
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:

I dont think I was rude at all. I just stated a fact. The fact is, there would not be a need for so many moved threads if people would post in the correct forums. It is NOT that difficult to read the forum descriptions.

And I dont think your statement "is there a need for mods to be so bloody rude all the time" is very fair at all. I dont recall you being fresh as flowers all the time when you were a mod. This job isnt easy. We work hard around here.. and lately we've been working extra hard with the tour and everything that is going on. It gets frustrating to be having to constantly be moving threads and holding people's hands. On the contrary I think we've all been very polite and helpful during this stressful time.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:40 AM   #12
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

We work hard around here.. and lately we've been working extra hard with the tour and everything that is going on. It gets frustrating to be having to constantly be moving threads and holding people's hands. On the contrary I think we've all been very polite and helpful during this stressful time.
I have to back Sicy up here. Individual mods have been very busy and been away from home frequently--BC, Elvis, Khan, myself--and we've all been scrambling to take care of things as we can. I can't think of a single instance of a mod being rude to someone, even when people have been very rude to mods and other people.

Join Amnesty.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

i do have a question about one of the descriptions...

in the what do you want/have forums the description says that is the place for "local info"

yet the description for the tour dates forum makes it sound like that is the place for local info...

Old 03-18-2005, 11:52 AM   #14
Creator of the Blue Crack

I'm going to 2nd the majority of what Sicy had to say.

AH, I really dont appreciate your comments about the mods... especially knowing that you were one also. Perhaps you and I had/have our differences, but don't take it out on the team, because personally (despite what you may think), I think we have an excellent team.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Do you guys need help moderating? Since the tour is coming up maybe you could use some extra help. Ask certain longtime members to help out for the length of the tour. It might not be a good idea but I figured I throw it out there.