moved threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Once a thread is moved, does there need to be the thread in the original forum that says "Moved:....."? Just wondering b/c I was in the General Tour Discussion forum trying to find a thread that does belong in that forum and I was sifting through more "Moved" threads than legit ones. Obviously, the threads are moved to the appropriate forum to keep things organized, but why is a duplicate left in the wrong forum?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Once a thread is moved, does there need to be the thread in the original forum that says "Moved:....."?

Yes.

I'm on another board that doesn't leave a link when the threads are moved (the board isn't all that big), and the original poster threw a major hissy fit because he thought his thread had been deleted. It was a whole lot more ugly than leaving a link would have been.

But, yeah I was wading through scores of moved posts myself earlier, and it is a chore. :|

Perhaps if people could just learn to read and post in the right forums there wouldnt be a need for so many moved threads.

i like to browse through the u2 trading post forum quite a bit, and i find the moved thread links quite a hassle to sort through

Last edited:
Sicy said:
Perhaps if people could just learn to read and post in the right forums there wouldnt be a need for so many moved threads.

You know I know how you feel Sicy, truly, I did enough complaining about the shit mods had to do, but is there a need for mods to be so bloody rude all the time?

:huh:

Angela Harlem said:
You know I know how you feel Sicy, truly, I did enough complaining about the shit mods had to do, but is there a need for mods to be so bloody rude all the time?
she has a point though. a lot of people are now posting disclaimers that they know they're posting in the wrong forum but we need to leave it where it is because that forum gets more traffic. or people complain when their thread is moved that now no one will see it.

there are forum descriptions for every forum here and i don't understand why we need to move any threads.

Angela Harlem said:

I don't know if that's fair, Ange. Whenever I move a thread--particularly, say, if I've been moving sensitive threads to ZC or something--I'm always careful to post a smiley and a note on where I'm moving the thread. If I can, I'll post an explanation as to why I'm moving it.

Angela Harlem said:

I dont think I was rude at all. I just stated a fact. The fact is, there would not be a need for so many moved threads if people would post in the correct forums. It is NOT that difficult to read the forum descriptions.

And I dont think your statement "is there a need for mods to be so bloody rude all the time" is very fair at all. I dont recall you being fresh as flowers all the time when you were a mod. This job isnt easy. We work hard around here.. and lately we've been working extra hard with the tour and everything that is going on. It gets frustrating to be having to constantly be moving threads and holding people's hands. On the contrary I think we've all been very polite and helpful during this stressful time.

Sicy said:

We work hard around here.. and lately we've been working extra hard with the tour and everything that is going on. It gets frustrating to be having to constantly be moving threads and holding people's hands. On the contrary I think we've all been very polite and helpful during this stressful time.

I have to back Sicy up here. Individual mods have been very busy and been away from home frequently--BC, Elvis, Khan, myself--and we've all been scrambling to take care of things as we can. I can't think of a single instance of a mod being rude to someone, even when people have been very rude to mods and other people.

i do have a question about one of the descriptions...

in the what do you want/have forums the description says that is the place for "local info"

yet the description for the tour dates forum makes it sound like that is the place for local info...

:hmm:

I'm going to 2nd the majority of what Sicy had to say.

AH, I really dont appreciate your comments about the mods... especially knowing that you were one also. Perhaps you and I had/have our differences, but don't take it out on the team, because personally (despite what you may think), I think we have an excellent team.

Do you guys need help moderating? Since the tour is coming up maybe you could use some extra help. Ask certain longtime members to help out for the length of the tour. It might not be a good idea but I figured I throw it out there.

Stating facts does not always equate to being rude. People usually just get their panties in a knot over being asked nicely what to do and that's when you get those, "So and so mod is so rude, etc." comments. Believe me. :|

If people would just read the forum descriptions and not blatantly ignore the forum rules things would run just a smidge smoother.

[/two cents]

:up: I mean, people are bound to make mistakes from time to time, and that's fine. We expect that and that's why we have mods at all.

We just ask that folks try to remember that our rules and forum descriptions and stuff have been developed with the ease and comfort of ALL posters in mind.

Angela Harlem said:

Who's been rude? And where?

I need to know -- I love rude threads, comments, etc. -- hell, that's where all the fun is. :wink:

But more on the subject, in this thread, the only person who's been rude is you AH.

indra said:

Who's been rude? And where?

I need to know -- I love rude threads, comments, etc. -- hell, that's where all the fun is. :wink:

But more on the subject, in this thread, the only person who's been rude is you AH.

What I dont understand... not to hijack this thread.... is why does AH continue to come here? She seems to complain, bitch, and make snide remarks more than the average person... quite a bit more. I'm baffled.

There is no need to talk about me in 3rd person Joel. You can address me directly.
People can call me rude, I dont mind. I probably am. No, I am, I know. Now that I dont mod here I speak my mind without the reserve I once used to. Funny really, considering it was my absolute belief in 'doing the right thing' which caused us all those problems a while back. I digress.

Years of dealing with the same thing over and over is going to try anyone's patience. Everyone is human and everyone gets short with those who seem to not be aware of the bleeding obvious, like the FAQs or simply where to put the correct thread. I see moderating as a customer service role. And like customer service, it can be shitty. Superhuman effort is required at all times to put on a happy face. And we're all going to let that go at times.

Joel lastly, you seem to be of the belief that my disagreement with you has changed how I view this place? Not at all, I have to clarify this. I dont dislike the forum because of how you handled all that or how you treated me and Johan. It reflects very little on the board itself. My views on this place and the good this forum has is not changed by you. Perhaps it seems like opportune bitching, venting because of you. It isn't. Up to you to believe that or not. All I can do is state that nothing much has changed. So much so that ideas are very seldom accepted, and now when there could be a reason to label those as personal gripes, they have become seen as such when they are infact not. If my opinions bother you, that is fine. I'll simply stop. No skin off anyone's nose. This forum needs to grow as the community does. And that can't be denied. Anyway, this is getting vague and more off topic so I'll stop sidetracking. If you do have an issue with me, please contact me. I'll keep mine out of here if that will help. If my opinions are viewed as personal bitching, rather than comments about the board, then it is best to just leave it unsaid. No dramas.

Angela Harlem said:
There is no need to talk about me in 3rd person Joel. You can address me directly.
People can call me rude, I dont mind. I probably am. No, I am, I know. Now that I dont mod here I speak my mind without the reserve I once used to. Funny really, considering it was my absolute belief in 'doing the right thing' which caused us all those problems a while back. I digress.

Years of dealing with the same thing over and over is going to try anyone's patience. Everyone is human and everyone gets short with those who seem to not be aware of the bleeding obvious, like the FAQs or simply where to put the correct thread. I see moderating as a customer service role. And like customer service, it can be shitty. Superhuman effort is required at all times to put on a happy face. And we're all going to let that go at times.

Joel lastly, you seem to be of the belief that my disagreement with you has changed how I view this place? Not at all, I have to clarify this. I dont dislike the forum because of how you handled all that or how you treated me and Johan. It reflects very little on the board itself. My views on this place and the good this forum has is not changed by you. Perhaps it seems like opportune bitching, venting because of you. It isn't. Up to you to believe that or not. All I can do is state that nothing much has changed. So much so that ideas are very seldom accepted, and now when there could be a reason to label those as personal gripes, they have become seen as such when they are infact not. If my opinions bother you, that is fine. I'll simply stop. No skin off anyone's nose. This forum needs to grow as the community does. And that can't be denied. Anyway, this is getting vague and more off topic so I'll stop sidetracking. If you do have an issue with me, please contact me. I'll keep mine out of here if that will help. If my opinions are viewed as personal bitching, rather than comments about the board, then it is best to just leave it unsaid. No dramas.

You really read into what I said.

And just for clarification, I wasnt talking about you in the 3rd person. I wasn't addressing you.

mmk I think this thread has suddenly gone way off topic.

Livluv I hope your questions were answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom