Local Time: 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax

I can't think of a single instance of a mod being rude to someone

I can and it still hurts.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:38 AM
Stating facts does not always equate to being rude. People usually just get their panties in a knot over being asked nicely what to do and that's when you get those, "So and so mod is so rude, etc." comments. Believe me.

If people would just read the forum descriptions and not blatantly ignore the forum rules things would run just a smidge smoother.

[/two cents]

Old 03-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #18
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:38 AM
I mean, people are bound to make mistakes from time to time, and that's fine. We expect that and that's why we have mods at all.

We just ask that folks try to remember that our rules and forum descriptions and stuff have been developed with the ease and comfort of ALL posters in mind.

Join Amnesty.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:04 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

You know I know how you feel Sicy, truly, I did enough complaining about the shit mods had to do, but is there a need for mods to be so bloody rude all the time?

Who's been rude? And where?

I need to know -- I love rude threads, comments, etc. -- hell, that's where all the fun is.

But more on the subject, in this thread, the only person who's been rude is you AH.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #20
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Who's been rude? And where?

I need to know -- I love rude threads, comments, etc. -- hell, that's where all the fun is.

But more on the subject, in this thread, the only person who's been rude is you AH.

What I dont understand... not to hijack this thread.... is why does AH continue to come here? She seems to complain, bitch, and make snide remarks more than the average person... quite a bit more. I'm baffled.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:30 PM   #21
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:38 PM
There is no need to talk about me in 3rd person Joel. You can address me directly.
People can call me rude, I dont mind. I probably am. No, I am, I know. Now that I dont mod here I speak my mind without the reserve I once used to. Funny really, considering it was my absolute belief in 'doing the right thing' which caused us all those problems a while back. I digress.

Years of dealing with the same thing over and over is going to try anyone's patience. Everyone is human and everyone gets short with those who seem to not be aware of the bleeding obvious, like the FAQs or simply where to put the correct thread. I see moderating as a customer service role. And like customer service, it can be shitty. Superhuman effort is required at all times to put on a happy face. And we're all going to let that go at times.

Joel lastly, you seem to be of the belief that my disagreement with you has changed how I view this place? Not at all, I have to clarify this. I dont dislike the forum because of how you handled all that or how you treated me and Johan. It reflects very little on the board itself. My views on this place and the good this forum has is not changed by you. Perhaps it seems like opportune bitching, venting because of you. It isn't. Up to you to believe that or not. All I can do is state that nothing much has changed. So much so that ideas are very seldom accepted, and now when there could be a reason to label those as personal gripes, they have become seen as such when they are infact not. If my opinions bother you, that is fine. I'll simply stop. No skin off anyone's nose. This forum needs to grow as the community does. And that can't be denied. Anyway, this is getting vague and more off topic so I'll stop sidetracking. If you do have an issue with me, please contact me. I'll keep mine out of here if that will help. If my opinions are viewed as personal bitching, rather than comments about the board, then it is best to just leave it unsaid. No dramas.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:54 AM   #22
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
There is no need to talk about me in 3rd person Joel. You can address me directly.
People can call me rude, I dont mind. I probably am. No, I am, I know. Now that I dont mod here I speak my mind without the reserve I once used to. Funny really, considering it was my absolute belief in 'doing the right thing' which caused us all those problems a while back. I digress.

Years of dealing with the same thing over and over is going to try anyone's patience. Everyone is human and everyone gets short with those who seem to not be aware of the bleeding obvious, like the FAQs or simply where to put the correct thread. I see moderating as a customer service role. And like customer service, it can be shitty. Superhuman effort is required at all times to put on a happy face. And we're all going to let that go at times.

Joel lastly, you seem to be of the belief that my disagreement with you has changed how I view this place? Not at all, I have to clarify this. I dont dislike the forum because of how you handled all that or how you treated me and Johan. It reflects very little on the board itself. My views on this place and the good this forum has is not changed by you. Perhaps it seems like opportune bitching, venting because of you. It isn't. Up to you to believe that or not. All I can do is state that nothing much has changed. So much so that ideas are very seldom accepted, and now when there could be a reason to label those as personal gripes, they have become seen as such when they are infact not. If my opinions bother you, that is fine. I'll simply stop. No skin off anyone's nose. This forum needs to grow as the community does. And that can't be denied. Anyway, this is getting vague and more off topic so I'll stop sidetracking. If you do have an issue with me, please contact me. I'll keep mine out of here if that will help. If my opinions are viewed as personal bitching, rather than comments about the board, then it is best to just leave it unsaid. No dramas.

You really read into what I said.

And just for clarification, I wasnt talking about you in the 3rd person. I wasn't addressing you.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #23
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

mmk I think this thread has suddenly gone way off topic.

Livluv I hope your questions were answered.