Mobile App Change Coming Soon-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, my God, I don't care if nothing else on the app works. Being able to read spoilers is enough for me.

I do enjoy having a widget now.

preview

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I do enjoy having a widget now.

preview

Tried to upload a picture. That's the next thing this app needs is picture uploading.

We've never been allowed to upload pics, I think the app confuses people, the last one did too. Attachments are a premium feature.

Premium schmemium. :)

Seriously though. People still pay to post here?

It would be super good if we could upload pics from the app and have them appear the same as
pics do. It's annoying having to go to photobucket every time I wanna upload a pic from my phone.

The martini glass and olive was in regards to the giant olive during the pop mart days and just a cool logo Joel wanted to represent the site.

I always took it to mean that we're all a bunch of raging alcoholics..heh

So yah new mobile app..guess it's like anything else, you get used to it and forget all about what used to be..

Love how inter-forum links take me right to the proper thread, within the app. Woot!

It would be great (imo) if the Browse function previewed the most recent post in any given thread rather than the first one.

I've noticed that with the new app that when you view threads in the subforums that it shows the preview of the first post, not the most recent post like the old app used to. Is there a way of changing this? I couldn't see anything in the settings...

I've noticed that with the new app that when you view threads in the subforums that it shows the preview of the first post, not the most recent post like the old app used to. Is there a way of changing this? I couldn't see anything in the settings...

I think this is just standard with Tapatalk.

Why do we need a 'like' button?
no clue.

the one thing i can say is if the staff ever added a like button, there would definitely not be a dislike button. i know some of you would love to have it, but seriously, think of the drama it would cause. i remember premium members had a feature where they could see who had them on their ignore list, and it caused nothing but drama.

personally (as someone who can't implement this stuff anyway) i don't see the point in this stuff anyway. perhaps it's because i'm thinking like an admin rather than a poster, or maybe i'm just old and grumpy and hate seeing like buttons on every website. but i just imagine getting messages from people wondering why they make posts all the time but no one ever clicks like on anything they post. the tags feature already gets abused enough as it is, despite the fact that it's been stated in the faqs not to do that and we've reminded people countless times. i can't help but imagine the same thing would happen with a like feature.

I say this from experience on other forums: all a like button does is encourage one liners. Lengthy posts with a great deal of thought and care never get the same amount of likes. I have no idea what a dislike button would do to this place.

no clue.

the one thing i can say is if the staff ever added a like button, there would definitely not be a dislike button. i know some of you would love to have it, but seriously, think of the drama it would cause. i remember premium members had a feature where they could see who had them on their ignore list, and it caused nothing but drama.

personally (as someone who can't implement this stuff anyway) i don't see the point in this stuff anyway. perhaps it's because i'm thinking like an admin rather than a poster, or maybe i'm just old and grumpy and hate seeing like buttons on every website. but i just imagine getting messages from people wondering why they make posts all the time but no one ever clicks like on anything they post. the tags feature already gets abused enough as it is, despite the fact that it's been stated in the faqs not to do that and we've reminded people countless times. i can't help but imagine the same thing would happen with a like feature.

Agree with alot of this, and the dislike part also...but I'm not sure what harm or abuse could come about with a Like button. You can't press Like on Facebook for any item more than once, for your login. If it were to come here, I guess it would operate similarly?

Besides...abuse being something being Liked too much? lol

I say this from experience on other forums: all a like button does is encourage one liners. Lengthy posts with a great deal of thought and care never get the same amount of likes.

To be honest I would Like thoughtful posts more often that one-liners, and I don't always (in fact, more not than often) want to respond with a lengthy essay of my own. In fact, it's the lengthy well thought out posts that prompted me to suggest it in the first place, ironically enough. Here's why: people who approve of such posts do 2 really fucking annoying things: Quote them in their entirety, and coincidentally write only :up: or "Yeah Agree" or "+ 1" or " x 1000" and this clutters up the forum unnecessarily as there are literally entire pages of long posts quoted with one-liner responses. Especially now that we are more mobile, having to scroll thru all that is a real pain in the ass. How about when people re-quote Youtube videos? Almost kills the mobile app sometimes! The other thing it might help cut down on is the brown-nosing responses like "OMG you are such a genius blah blah etc etc". Like, honestly, hit the freakin Like button if you approve of it so highly lol

So I hear what you are saying Travis but I don't think a Like button could possibly cause more one-liners and forum clutter than we have now. It's pretty bad sometimes, and we're all part of it basically. Don't get me wrong - people who want to annoy will probably still do these things, but with the power of gentle suggestion and overall acceptance by many, a Like button may eventually help cut down on that crap.

Look at Facebook - yes people still post on your status updates but by and large you get more Likes than comments...which is actually better if all the person has to say is OMG I AGREE. :shrug:

And if you post a one liner to my lengthy post above :angry: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom