MERGED ----> Signature edit question + about the signature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgeman

Refugee
Signature edit question

So I know that I'm not a premium member, but if my sig is going to be this for the rest of my regular member life, can I at least change it to a quote or something?

as far as i know, non-premium members are indefinitely suspended (not sure if that's the right word to use though) from changing their sig. so i suppose the only option as to how to change your sig is to become premium. :shrug:

sorry. (although i may be wrong about this though)

Unfortunatly at this time only premium members can change their signatures. The only other option you have is to remove it completely by unchecking the 'show signature' box when you post. Or you could pay for one month of premium... at least so you could change your sig if you really want to change it that bad.

Not that I want to change it realy bad....but it would be nice to at least have the option to change it....there was no warning that I heard of.

I am not a premium member and I didn't realise I couldn't change my signature. I think this is a new thing because I have changed it in the past.

I just went to change it and instead of getting the "you must be a premium member" page like you usually do when you try sometingh reserved for premium members, it just deleted my signature. I did not un-check the box.

Can I get my old signature back?

Yes, it is a new thing. Unfortunately, when a non-premium member edits his or her profile, it automatically deletes the sig that was there. This issue has been addressed, but Elvis is unable to do anything about it. Sorry. :(

Well, that's pretty shitty.

Is there no way to advise non-premium members of the change. Or at least make it so the "premium memebers only" page comes up when they try to edit their sig. It's pretty friggin' annoying.

I think Elvis' main point is, $1 a month isnt much to pay to be able to access extra features.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with that.

It's just that I don't think it was made clear that it was changed. As well, normally when you try to do something reserved for premium members you get directed to another page. This just happens without any warning to the unsuspecting. Why no re-direct saying you cannot edit your sig and be able to leave your sig as is? It would save confusion and some irritation.

Anyhoo, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for listening!

iacrobat said:
This just happens without any warning to the unsuspecting. Why no re-direct saying you cannot edit your sig and be able to leave your sig as is? It would save confusion and some irritation.

When you go to 'Edit Profile'....

In the signature box, it says "Premium Membership is required to have or edit your signature. "

Isn't that a warning?

about the signature

Now I have to be a premium member to have a signature??? I tried to change mine but now nothing appears in it....

Re: about the signature

U2zoogirl said:
Now I have to be a premium member to have a signature??? I tried to change mine but now nothing appears in it....

This is the thread that should explain your problem

http://forum.interference.com/t88527.html

If you had a sig prior to the have to be premium thing you will keep it BUT if you try to change it or anything in your profile it will disappear. That's what happened to me too:(

Back
Top Bottom