MERGED --> My Ideas + The "Day After" edit drunken post feature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
My Ideas

-take out the second question mark in the "Even Better than the Real Thing??" forum (do we really need 2?)
-double post mondays (everyone hates mondays, so let each post count for 2 in peoples post count to help them reach a new status (could also be used for certain forums to increase traffic))
-offer u2's new cd for sale and anyone who buys from intereference can download the full album a week before its actual release date
-offer a presale for tickets on the new tour (one that actually works instead of u2.com)
-wallpaper of the month
-audio spotlight
-a folder or something in ebttrt for interference members to upload their covers of u2 songs for everyone to download and enjoy
-move the u2 meetings and sightings forum from pleba to etykiw (if i meet the band i dont want to go to pleba to post it, and, i would also like to enjoy people stories of meeting the band without going into pleba, they scare me)
-more sexy ladies (we have plenty but the more the merrier right?)
-less blue
-time to close new media forum
-make the site dynamic, like some portals, so you can arrange the order of the forums as you please, like if i wanted the suggestion forum at the top i could move it there
-rate the poster option
-more power
-i thought i had more but i cant think of them, so ill add more later when its not 7am and i havent slept yet

make it so....

Last edited:
-take out the second question mark in the "Even Better than the Real Thing??" forum (do we really need 2?)

hmm, never noticed it. correct you are.

-double post mondays (everyone hates mondays, so let each post count for 2 in peoples post count to help them reach a new status (could also be used for certain forums to increase traffic))

not gonna happen. not only would it be a pain in the arse to implement in the software, the post counts are something people shouldn't post for the sake of.

-offer u2's new cd for sale and anyone who buys from intereference can download the full album a week before its actual release date

we'd need a guarantee of getting the album before doing this. guess time will tell.

-offer a presale for tickets on the new tour (one that actually works instead of u2.com)

this would require legal assistance to obtain permission to be a vendor wouldn't it?

-wallpaper of the month

good idea

-audio spotlight

see above

-a folder or something in ebttrt for interference members to upload their covers of u2 songs for everyone to download and enjoy

see above

-move the u2 meetings and sightings forum from pleba to etykiw (if i meet the band i dont want to go to pleba to post it, and, i would also like to enjoy people stories of meeting the band without going into pleba, they scare me)

i agree. i actually think there needs to be only one forum for all meetings etc and also for newbies/fan meets/singles to mingle etc etc. less is more!!

-more sexy ladies (we have plenty but the more the merrier right?)

:sexywink:

-less blue

YES!

-time to close new media forum

it will be up and running one day, if legal probs ever get sorted with the filesharing phenonemon

-make the site dynamic, like some portals, so you can arrange the order of the forums as you please, like if i wanted the suggestion forum at the top i could move it there

plans are underway for more changes. lots will change. patience.

-rate the poster option

open for abuse and fights. not a good idea

-more power

to you!

-i thought i had more but i cant think of them, so ill add more later when its not 7am and i havent slept yet

excellent idea. you are an ideas man chizintinafile.

:up:

Re: My Ideas

Chizip said:

-rate the poster option

0stars.gif

Less blue is coming. I actually dedicated over 12 hours yesterday to working on a new site design (again).

who knows peeps, maybe we'll have a setting as to which colours you'd like. i know some vb forums offer that, and we could have the classic blue crack layout, as well as, say, something more subdued (like white and light grey), and maybe even an annoying layout, with like a yellow background, fuschia text, and lime green buttons.

My Angela of Harlem fan club member is 002!

Elvis said:
Actually... I sure as hell hope so.. I'm going to work on that ;)

Can you keep Angela of Harlem from breaking Interference so often? :angry:

Re: My Angela of Harlem fan club member is 002!

zoney! said:

Can you keep Angela of Harlem from breaking Interference so often? :angry:

Done ;) Havent you noticed the difference in the last couple days? lol

The "Day After" edit drunken post feature

I think this would be a very valuable feature. It would be like the day after pill, you get drunk, you do something stupid, and the next morning you take the pill to undo it. Well it would be nice to have that same option for drunken posts. You should either be able to edit or delete it altogether. This could save some embarrassment for a lot of people. Make it so...

People need to take responsibility for their actions and not post drunk in the first place.

We've discussed the issue of the time limit on editing posts before and its not changing.. sorry :)

maybe there could be a seminar on responsible posting to warn people of the dangers

Back
Top Bottom