MERGED ----> Lyrics link broken? + what happened to the lyrics page?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Lyrics link broken?

Hello, Hello!

i've just tried a few times to get onto the lyrics page, and well it just takes you back to the home page...just thought i'd let Mods/Elvis know ;)

The site isn't making money off printing the lyrics is it? I'd think that as long as the authors are given credit there wouldn't be a problem with posting them for curious fans of the band.

In fact, when I first became a U2 fan and came to this website, reading the lyrics from albums like The Unforgettable Fire, and October made me curious to hear the albums, therefore I bought them. Had I not been moved by the words I may have never bought them. Did they ever think of the free advertising the band is getting by posting their work?

I agree. Complete and utter bullshit.

what happened to the lyrics page?

i've noticed for a few days now, that the lyrics link at the top of the forum page doesnt work. will it be coming back soon?

:sigh:

Hard to say. Interference has run into some copyright issues with both the lyrics and the tabs.

I know Joel is trying to get it sorted out, but for right now, we can't offer them, I guess.

:(

Just a suggestion...... instead of the lyrics link taking you back to the main page, why not go to a page explaining why the lyrics have been (hopefully) temporarily taken down. I think that would cut down on the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom