Mebee not such a good idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I'm talking about the new 'who ignores me' feature. I know it's Elvis's board and he can do whatever he wants, but this is a suggestion forum so I am questioning this.

Think about it: what useful purpose can this possibly serve other than causing hurt feelings, hard feelings, resentment, grudges, and possible plots of revenge? If you find out someone is ignoring you, you are either going to be hurt or pissed off. Then you'll want to do something to hurt or piss them off. It's only natural. So why have it? If it was going to be implemented, perhaps we all should have been warned as to be able to remove our lists before anyone got offended. I just don't see any positive use for the feature. It can only invite trouble between Interferencers. It also destroys the purpose of the ignore feature, which is to block the posts of people whose posts you usually find silly and spamlike, or even worse rude and annoying.

It was my feeling that the ignore feature was supposedly a positive thing. If a member blocks someone they might have lashed out at or fought with, or made a comment that the person would have taken exception to and a fight starts, it saved all that trouble. But now with the 'who ignores me' feature it has become a negative thing in every way. It can cause trouble instead of stopping it. Or you just can't ignore anyone in fear they'll find out and plot revenge, which means the entire ignore feature is useless. I only ask that you reconsider this decision in this light. Thank you.

While all that is true, it is hoped it might stop the antagonising that sometimes occurs. If a person is known to respond negatively toward certain people, that person knowing what they might say is not even going to be seen is a deterrant.
Sometimes the best thing a person can do is simply ignore another person. If you know they cant see what you write, it can avoid all that. It can be too hard to just say 'I'm not responding', cos the negativity is still there.

Agh, I don't think that made any sense...lol

I dunno if its necessary to see who's ignoring you.

Though like Angie said, sometimes it can be good.. like a hint to the other person that they're offending etc.

I'll run it by Elvis and see what he says.

i think it's a good idea. it may seem dumb, but here's why.

people who are ignoring you can't read your posts, and don't get pms and such from you, right? well, you may be trying to talk to them, and wonder what's up, why they're never answering you. you can see who's ignoring you to see if they're doing it on purpose or if it's because they have no idea they're talking to you. plus, for certain people on the forums, maybe if the occasional annoying people that pop up every so often and everyone puts on ignore, they'd see like 50 people have them on ignore and try to shape up.

i'm an eternal optimist. :shrug:

Today is a boooorring Friday (I'm at work at the moment and really have no ******* thing to do) so I'm checking out forums I rarely visit. This is one of those. :reject:
As I have a person on my ignore list I also wanted to see if others are ignoring me. Not to cause trouble (as I don't think I get worked up about it when I find out others are ignoring me), but merely in a fun way. Anyway, I didn't see it and already started to think I was going crazy (because I knew I'd seen it before!). Now I know.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom