login timeout?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yolland

Forum Moderator
Is there a time limit for staying logged on when you're posting a reply to a thread? Every time i finish a reply and click 'Submit,' I'm simply thrown back to the login box (even though i've already logged on) and I lose everything I've just typed, with no way that I can see to recover it! This is especially exasperating because I tend to write long responses...Why is this happening?

Are you using the AOL browser by chance? If so, use a different one, Internet Explorer or something else. It sounds like a cookie problem so try clearing your cookies/cache, restarting your browser and logging in again.

It will also help to type long responses first in Word or Notepad, just to be sure you dont lose what you typed.

Sicy said:
Are you using the AOL browser by chance? If so, use a different one, Internet Explorer or something else. It sounds like a cookie problem so try clearing your cookies/cache, restarting your browser and logging in again.

It will also help to type long responses first in Word or Notepad, just to be sure you dont lose what you typed.

I always use Internet Explorer, and I always have cookies disabled. The reason I was wondering if there was some sort of time limit involved is because quickly-typed-up replies (like this) submit with no problem, whereas anything that took me more than about 5 minutes to type up invariably fails.

Thanks for the Notepad suggestion--I will try that, but would still like to know why this happens.

Back
Top Bottom