Last Page feature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
I propose we make the "Last Page" link take people to the top of the last page, rather than the bottom.

lp.jpg

When you click on the 1 or 2 or 3, or any of the numbers, it takes you to the top of the corresponding page. Yet, when you click on "Last Page" it takes you to the bottom of the last page, I always found that odd.

It's especially odd because we already have the Last Post button that links you to the bottom of the last page. So why do we need two links to take you to the same place (the bottom of the last page), but no link to take you to the top of the last page?

Last edited:
Cleasai said:
Is it that hard for you to scroll? :huh:

I have asked that very question on several forums. And the seemingly universal answer is "yes." :) :shrug:

Cleasai said:
I rather like that it takes me to the bottom. Is it that hard for you to scroll? :huh:

but there is already a button that takes you to the bottom!

lp2.jpg

So why 2 links to take you to the bottom and none to take you to the top??

if you click on that 7,8,9, or 10 it takes you to the top of the page. Why, if you click on the Last Page thats right next to those numbers, doesn't it take you to the top of the Last Page as well?? If you want to go to the bottom of the last page then just click on the last post button!

Sometimes I know there are new posts on the last page I want to read, but I want to read them in the order that they were posted. But I have to go to the bottom of the last page, and when I scroll up I'll see the posts in reverse order.

It's not a big thing, it would just be nice to be able to go to the top of the last page, so I could read the new posts in order, as they were intended to be.

Last edited:
Chizip said:

lp2.jpg

:hmm: Good call. I've actually thought about this before.

New thread: "Forum Name Change: 'Don't Expect, Chizip Suggests.' " Dude, I think you have 40% of the posts in this forum, and the rest is split between indra & u2savestheworld. :wink:

Chizip said:

lp2.jpg

So why 2 links to take you to the bottom and none to take you to the top??

if you click on that 7,8,9, or 10 it takes you to the top of the page. Why, if you click on the Last Page thats right next to those numbers, doesn't it take you to the top of the Last Page as well?? If you want to go to the bottom of the last page then just click on the last post button!

Sometimes I know there are new posts on the last page I want to read, but I want to read them in the order that they were posted. But I have to go to the bottom of the last page, and when I scroll up I'll see the posts in reverse order.

It's not a big thing, it would just be nice to be able to go to the top of the last page, so I could read the new posts in order, as they were intended to be.

There are also multiple ways of getting to each forum, and thread... do you also decree there should be only one?

The 'Last Page' link works by design... it takes you to the last page... it makes no promise or suggestion where on the last page. ;) I've though about changing it to say 'Last Post', but decided against it... since it's still the 'Last Page'.

OK, so i still havent seen a good reason not to change it...

Last edited:
Chizip said:
OK, so i still havent seen a good reason not to change it...

This forum is about suggestions, not voting for new features, and not reasoning of why to do something or not.

I still havent a good reason not to make the entire site black and lime green. It'd be so retro atari.

I just told you that I have already thought about this and decided not to change it, and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom