Large threads eating up valuable space?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
quick question:

Do the large (and useless - just my opinion - threads) such as Random in Lemonade Stand, Describe the person above you in Lemonade Stand or Increase your post Count in It's Official potentially take away space/bandwidth or something of that nature from future or current threads of a more substantive value (ie. discussions in FYM or music posts Bang or Clatter...or, when U2 tours again :hyper:..... a new tour forum (similar to what we had with Elevation)?

I am not sure of the point of continually posting after yourself if no one is going to read it - but I am more concerned that it is taking up space for something a little more important in the future.

No, I dont think so. They dont take up anymore space than any other thread. If someone doesnt post there, they'll post somewhere else. Its all relative.

what about those areas that have like 200 pages
(lemonad stand)
sure its nice to keep them, but are they taking up space?
(hey look what i'm doing now :D)
not saying you should get rid of them...just a thought

Last edited:
it shouldn't be taking bandwidth unless you're looking at it every day. like....you can see that there is page 11 of "describe the person above you" but it's not actually *there* until you go to open it. does that make sense?

i remember this being brought up some time ago, but i'm a little fuzzy with the details, perhaps elvis can set it straight.

hope that helped you a bit there jeff :)

Just think about how much activity this site has...not even just the forum...but everything at Interference. The amount of bandwidth used by those threads is probably no big deal. If it was, one would think that Elvis would have put an end to them.

All threads are generated out of the database. Everything uses space and bandwidth, but really... like Sicy said.. it's all relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom