Keep NLOTH lyrics discussions in WTAHAN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I was wondering if we might be able to keep discussions about the meanings of lyrics for NLOTH in the WTAHAN forum. I think it totally makes sense to have a separate forum for lyric discussions for topics about the meaning of Twilight or RHMT or something. But discussions about the meanings of the new songs are pretty critical to discussion of the new album---especially once it comes out and there won't be any more topics about what to expect, dates, speculation, etc. Moreover, it's pretty inevitable that there are going to be tons of lyric threads started in WTAHAN over the next few months, and they'll all have to be moved into the lyric subforum---where they'll wither and die because far fewer people venture into there.

What do you think? Keep NLOTH lyric discussions in WTAHAN? Or maybe make a little NLOTH lyric subforum under the umbrella of EYKIW right beneath WTAHAN?

Meh, I still think this is a good idea. :shrug: Looking through the lyrics thread, it looks like there have already been three other lyrics threads that have been started and merged with the original---all only in the 4 days that this song has existed. It'd probably beef up discussion about the song's lyrics and perhaps give people something better to talk about than whether U2 should be able to control how singles are ranked on iTunes or whether The Fly is the #2 or #4 best song on Achtung.

The forum for the new album is so saturated with threads that I think being able to put lyric discussions in It's A Musical Journey would be good. They'd be less likely to get lost in the shuffle. I know that people argue that IAMJ doesn't get a lot of traffic...but maybe if we had some good threads going in there, that would change.

For the record, this is just my personal opinion. I'm not speaking on behalf of the other mods!

I have to agree with Bonochick. It's a Musical Journey is specifically for discussion on song lyrics, the threads really belong there. I think it would just get lost in WTAHAN. And there is definitely not enough discussion of lyrics for it to warrant its own sub-forum.

Okay, I guess it's been so long since we've had a good deal of new lyrics to discuss, so maybe IAMJ will pick up.

Thanks for the consideration!

Sure. I also want to add that once the album comes out there will be a LOT of lyric discussion, and that would probably clutter up WTAHAN, so it would be great to bring the extra traffic to the lyric forum (plus it will be easier to go through the threads in there).

Back
Top Bottom