Journals members only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
I don't know if this has already been discussed but wouldn't it be a good idea to have the journal section private to anyone who isn't an interference member?
I often worry that my friends might stumble on this site and find my journal.. plus alot of people post quite private stuff in their journals, wouldn't it be an idea to have that private to only registered users?
Just a suggestion anyway!

Journals are sort of like blogs, people post in them because they dont care if people read the stuff. If you want something to be truly private, either mark it as private for only you to read, or dont post it on the Internet.

Not trying to be harsh, but the Internet in general isnt really a great place to post things you dont want others to see.

FYM isnt only because when it was we were attracting A LOT of religious and political trolls.

redkat said:
Thanks

I had wondered why FYM would be considered personal. It's a server issue instead :)

It's not really a server issue...

It's more like... we didnt like the riff-raff that was coming to the forum strictly for political or religious content. Most of the time they were just people looking to cause trouble.

Oh right okay I understand, nevermind :D

of course there's always livejournal, if you really want to be selective about who can read your entries. or, if you were wanting to make the entries here, like elvis said you can make the entry private. the entry is not visible to the public of course, but i'm pretty sure you can link others to the entry so that would kind of give you the effect you were wanting, although it is a little more work.

i didn't think anyone could see an entry when i was private? it would probably too much trouble to go to as i dont mind people on interference reading my journal (i quite like having peoples opinions on things) i just don't want people i know outside of interference reading it thats all.
livejournal.. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom