Journals - DOWN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Sorry folks....

Journals are offline for right now... I'm trying to determine what is causing the server overload.

Luckily I have saved every one of my entries (or rather, wrote them locally before uploading them to Interference).

:|

*didn't write that much anyway*

omg, elvis.

you have given me quite a scare, lol.

i will make sure to save it elsewhere as soon as it is back up.

thank you. :)

Elvis said:
They arent offline permanently.

Nothing is lost.

In a way that is a pity.

*would have liked to see the wreckage with a nice beer in his hand :mac:*

It does prevent a few heart attacks though. :)

I think its ok for you to start a new random thread.. just that it will get closed once it reaches 500/600 replies.

arw9797 said:
:sigh: no journals, no randoooooooom....I dont' know what to do with my thoughts today. :sad:
Tell me about it!! :lol:

As long as the journals aren't lost forever...there were a few important thoughts in there among the mindess drivel. ;)

To be honest, I'm not sure... I'll be working on the server for the next few days atleast.... so as soon as I can, I'll put them back up.

is it a virus that might be causing these problems or just server in general problems :shrug:

ABEL said:
is it a virus that might be causing these problems or just server in general problems :shrug:

Well, to be honest, basically.... Interference is toooo popular. The amount of visitors we have to the site on a monthly basis is HUGE... and our database is gigantic as well....
I'm trying to avoid having to buy a new server (bigger and faster)... since that would probably run about $2000.... atleast for now.

ABEL said:
*wonders what percentage of visitors is alter names* :hmm: :laugh:

a few points...

- I am pretty sure whether you are viewing it under your original "username" or an "alter" - you are still going to view it the same number of times. I don't think "alters" create more views.

- I bet the number of views include "new" section which I would believe is even more popular than the message boards.

But every once in a while I am wrong. :wink:

zoney... did you mean the 'news' section?

and.. yes.. the journals were up for a bit last night.. I was testing.

Elvis, if it's only $2000 for a new server, why not start a collection? You could design a nice graphic to indicate the target, and how far you are from achieving it. This is a well-populated site, so it might not be too hard to reach your goal. I am willing to start the contributions, with 5%, $100. What do you think? Is it worth considering?

biff said:
Elvis, if it's only $2000 for a new server, why not start a collection? You could design a nice graphic to indicate the target, and how far you are from achieving it. This is a well-populated site, so it might not be too hard to reach your goal. I am willing to start the contributions, with 5%, $100. What do you think? Is it worth considering?

Wow! That is SO incredibly generous of you!

I'll put up something soon about this to get the process rolling.

Thanks for the encourgement. :D

Slight update on the needed server.. I just priced out what we need a little more specifically... with tax/shipping it's probably going to be more like $2500. Going to start a new thread an announcement about this now.

Back
Top Bottom