journal suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
Just a couple small suggestions, really, though I am not really familiar with the code of the site or the complexity of the code for journals, so these might in fact be very big suggestions...

In attempting to delete some entries from my journal, I found it to be a very tedious task to delete them on an individual by individual basis. Is there any way which would allow users to check-box and delete entries by number or by title? Perhaps as a component to the many preference screens. It might even prove worthwhile to make this feature part of the pay service, without restricting journals to premium members. I do realise that anyone can have a journal now, Im just saying, make these easy-to-use features exclusive to premium members. Now, obviously the intent of journals isnt to make one and then delete all your entries, and the easiest way to avoid taking time to delete them it is by maintaining them on a regular basis anyway - but failing that, the entries you dont want ammount to 40 some and then it can be quite a chore. If it were practical, it might be something worth looking into.

Also, is it possible to seperate journal entries into pages by number? 10 or 15 entries rather than length based? It might make it easier to reference specific entries, or at the very least give people something to brag about (I filled 22 pages of entries, so hah! - etc.)

Im sure people wont care one way or another just so long as they have their journals to write in, but it might prove useful once journals "catch on" and people have a couple hundred entries - I doubt that theyll want to look back and say 'i wonder what entry 58 said' and then have to wait for a 980k page to load.

I dont know whether or not youre even entertaining suggestions to improve on the journals right now, but those were just a couple thoughts I had.

Anyways, thanks for maintaining this environment for us :) youre doing a great job. :yes: :up: :D

Those are nice suggestions.. however.. the setup for the journals is much different than the forum setup.

Its a big task for Elvis to add special features to the journals. He has not given me specifics.. but I have asked him to do things like make journals with new comments go to the top of the page, so you know if there are new comments or not, little suggestions here and there. He made it sound like it was almost impossible to make these changes. I'm sure it can be done.. he can do just about anything ;) .. but I think its a whole different html set up or something.

I'll definately pass the suggestion along though.

Back
Top Bottom