Is Interference the biggest forum online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of the pregnancy forums are really huge. Pregnancy.org =
"We have 125674 registered users so far."

Mind you some of the big forums are seriously USA biased to the point they are not at all welcoming to people from 'elsewhere'.

I like little ole Interference. I can build up a mental picture of the people who post as I often bump into the same posters - which is kewl. :up:

you have a dirty mind, :shame:

edited: I meant, tightness as in tightknitted community :angry:

people's minds are always in the gutter... taking anything Freudian, when they don't know much about Freud and refused to be psychoanalyzed.

Last edited:
i know something awful has 29,844 members; 1788 of which are online right now. they've also got 1.8 million posts, not including the recently archived stuff.

and i know of forums even bigger than that!

I think the biggest forums are the "computer" and "gaming" forums. Someone had a link (yertle?) where it listed the biggest forums (by posting volume and members) and Interf wasn't even in the top 50.

Rank Board name and description Posts Members
1 FaceTheJury 79032200 552000
Real life picture rating forums

edit: Interference is not on the list of all forums, but if it was it would be #349 based on # of members.
BTW, a Linkin Park forum is #20 (with 200,000+ members)
Based on the # of posts Interference would be #325. So it seems as if the members here have average posting habits. :)

C ya!

Marty

Last edited:
I have to say that Interference as a whole is a beautiful place. Wonderful people, lots of info, a Zine, and so much more. We've got it all here, folks! Hopefully more and more people will come once the new album drops. :)

I just checked Facethejury.com and 268 members were online. Then a quick check at sharingthegroove.org and found...934 online out of 130,211. When ever i'm on there it's packed. (Plus over half of those folks joined in the last 6 months, so it is very quickly growing)

This is the highest non-official (?) musician forum I found:
# 263
Nancies
Dave Matthews Band forums 2580292 29624

wow.

other forums i post on, maybe there's 200 other people...no wonder not a whole lot of posting happens...

:huh:

2ch, the sounding board for a nation.
i cant read any of it but it is cool how japanese' use it as an alternative outlet from their society.

there was a new york times article about it on sunday.

Back
Top Bottom