Internet troll (for Mods/and the member that begins with a J) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:01 AM   #16
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 06:53 AM
i would have to agree with indra.

most of the time i find myself much more shocked by jick's attackers, and what they are allowed to get away with, than i have ever been by one of his posts.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:23 AM   #17
Fan & Taper

Trolls are trying to get a response. Both sides are to blame, Jick and the people that call him names. That is the whole point of being a troll.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:31 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Many people post here to get a response.
Some try to post a topic to get to a discussion and those posts are ignored.
Jick posts to discuss a topic and spices it up so it does get discussed. At least people are thinking and talking about it...

Old 04-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Exactly.

Everyone may not agree with his posts and I don't think he always believes what he posts, either. But, many times they are thought provoking and around here, that will usually cause some controversy.

If you dislike his posts so much, there is a little box that says "Thread Starter". If you see Jick's name there, don't read it.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:53 AM   #20
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrisedge
Trolls are trying to get a response. Both sides are to blame, Jick and the people that call him names. That is the whole point of being a troll.
then where is your thread suggesting that they be banned as well?
Old 04-12-2005, 08:28 AM   #21
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

We have reprimanded the people that tell him to 'fuck off' countless times as well.. and to be honest jick doesnt really care if people tell him to fuck off. I stuck up for him once and he was almost mad that I did So I said fine, I wont defend you anymore.

And we HAVE told people sooo many times if you dont like his threads DONT EVEN OPEN THEM. Put him on ignore, just move on to something else. There is almost always a post from a mod in his threads that say this. They dont listen.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:40 AM   #22
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
And we HAVE told people sooo many times if you dont like his threads DONT EVEN OPEN THEM. Put him on ignore, just move on to something else.
exactly. that was my point, which i didn't make very well.

it takes two to start an argument.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:59 AM   #23
Fan & Taper

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

then where is your thread suggesting that they be banned as well?
Fix the problem, then those fools won't have a reason to post anything nasty.

I never came out and said ban the dude either. It's something that should be controlled though. And any truely personal attacks (telling someone to f' off, etc...) they should be banned.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:53 AM
i really dont have a problem with jick, i pretty much just laugh at all of his threads and the people he riles up, i cant believe people still take him seriously

but if he is constantly posting things that he doesnt believe to be true, isnt that against forum rules? sure it can be good to play devils advocate to generate discussion every once in a while, but if you do it for pretty much every thread you start, then it just becomes nonsense.

and people who say jicks threads create good discussions, come on now, most of his threads contain him posting a long winded ridiculous complaint about the band and then 200 replies telling him he is wrong. that doesnt seem like a great discussion to me.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:02 PM   #25
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:53 AM
Was this thread started mainly to see how much public support there is on this? I'd assume so as most people here will never see the inside of the mod forum or just how involved some of the work is, done by the mods to ensure this place runs smoothly. Perhaps it is because of that which adds to my personal dislike of things like this when it's about a particular person, becomes so public. It isn't necessary. You will always have a willing ear if you approach this in a quiet manner with any mod or admin on here.

Dont get me wrong chrisedge, while I do disagree with your points on this member, your right to voice them is as applicable as any, but it should be done in the right manner - not publically.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #26
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:53 AM
thanks angie
Old 04-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #27
Fan & Taper

So it's OK to continue to troll, but not ok to publically complain about it?

No one can defend J's posting style. It is clearly trolling. I run several message boards and I know how tough it is. I just feel/felt that his posts have just become "accepted" since that's "the way he is".

Mods feel free to do with the member as you choose. You can lock this thread too if you want.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
We have reprimanded the people that tell him to 'fuck off' countless times as well.. and to be honest jick doesnt really care if people tell him to fuck off. I stuck up for him once and he was almost mad that I did So I said fine, I wont defend you anymore.

And we HAVE told people sooo many times if you dont like his threads DONT EVEN OPEN THEM. Put him on ignore, just move on to something else. There is almost always a post from a mod in his threads that say this. They dont listen.
It was never my intention to imply that you or any of the mods did otherwise and I apologise for any slight.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #29
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

The mods have been discussing this issue. And for the record, this is not the first time. Like Angie said .. no one knows what goes on between the mods and members in private so to assume that we just let certain members 'get away with stuff' wouldnt be correct.

I dont really feel like this thread needs to remain open so if anyone has other concerns they are more than welcome to contact the mods or admins in private.