Interference Plebiscite: Abdicate or Mediate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:
And I would hate to think that anyone thinks that the moderating team has anything to do with any of this, no matter what the outcome, because we only know what we have been told by Elvis, like everyone else.

Agreed. In my original post the message was directed towards Elvis' actions, and it was not intended to be deflected onto the rest of the staff. The harsh words directed to the moderators and other admins has been out of line. I'll take responsibility for the direction of the thread, with the hope that we will all respect the fact that the majority of the staff is sitting in the same boat as us.

cujo

Last edited:
Sicy, despite my suspicions about certain members of staff, not only do I not blame you mods, I even feel very sorry for you being caught in this position, and I made an earlier post about it in case you missed it. :hug: Just wanted to make sure you know that.

Sicy said:

I'm glad someone posted this. While we are all indeed a team and are here to support Elvis and the site, I have been trying to steer clear of this mess because honestly, I dont even know what the hell is going on and I'm an admin! And I would hate to think that anyone thinks that the moderating team has anything to do with any of this, no matter what the outcome, because we only know what we have been told by Elvis, like everyone else.

Sicy, I personally bear you no ill will in this matter. (nor Pax, and BonosLoveSlave, etc ) All of my questions in this thread have been directed at Elvis.

I agree with ThatGuy and Cujo. I personally believe the best thing is for the sideways conversations to cease and for all future posts in this thread to be either:
a) questions to Elvis
b) answers from Elvis

Just my $0.02 worth

peace

Edited: to add "and Cujo" as he posted whilst I typed.

Last edited:
kennerado said:
I have heard some stories from a former interferencer about Elvis that are not too kind, I wont re-tell them for fear of being banned myself.

Wait a second...why are some of you acting like Elvis is the head of the Gestapo or something? You can say whatever the hell you feel like....but to insinuate something besmirching and not even back it up with the reasoning that caused you to say what you did is tactless.

I'm so glad the mods are not being held accountable. Sometimes the oblique reference to the site's owner needs to distinguish such things.

But that said, Elvis like I said to you, it isn't even you I doubted all this time. You can be as fooled as anyone.

starsgoblue said:

Wait a second...why are some of you acting like Elvis is the head of the Gestapo or something? You can say whatever the hell you feel like....but to insinuate something besmirching and not even back it up with the reasoning that caused you to say what you did is tactless.

I never said he was fucking evil you idiot.

First of all, I'm not an idiot. I'm surprised at your nerve to talk to someone here that way.

Secondly, did I have the word 'evil' in my post...no. If you have something to say then say it, but don't hint at ruining someone's reputation without backing it up.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

*cough*

staff, and i mean here mods and the like, are privy to certain information. information which is available on this site's database. conclusions can be reached by looking into certain things and those conclusions can only be as factual as the truth allows. all staff here are required to adhere to confidentiality obviously hence the lack of publicly advertised information on both sides. this has now become a public debate as regular members who have no access to such information are legitimately asking questions as well. see cujo and beli's replies in here for this. my doubting has been a thorn in management's side ever since i began voicing concerns.

have you considered that perhaps the same amount of faith which is bestowed on the believers, needs to be passed on to those who doubt?

kennerado being agressive isn't going to achieve much.

Well, I was determined to stay out of this thread, but I switched the TV channel just now and "The Oxbow Incident" is on PBS. Coincidence?!

Peace.

:dance:

Angela...
I have no issue with anyone on either side voicing thier opinions at all. All I am saying is one can and should make thier opinions known....to hint at something concerning someone else's reputation without saying why is questionable to me. I wasn't questioning you or anyone else rather than Kennerado's vehemence. I suppose if you say you have a story but aren't going to tell it but let's it's inference be known...I just see that as strange.

starsgoblue said:

I was trying to encourage you to use your voice about your opinions concerning Inteference... :sad:

He already said, he was afraid of getting banned.

And if you have read this entire thread, including posts by Angela and brook, and the picture gaffe mentioned by u2dork, and still have no doubts about "Edge", you are not being realistic. The evidence presented has been more than logical.

Last edited:
Why is everyone turning this on me?!

This is fuckin' ridiculous....all I was saying was there was no reason to not say whatever you wanted, all I doubted was the possibility of being banned. Instead I get called an idiot and get everyone jumping all over me.

This is why people stay in PLEBA :) I'd be much better off if I stayed there too :sigh:

i suppose there cant be harm in stating why this has appeared bogus to me right from the start. many things have already been listed so i apologise for repeating some.
*the amount of time first of all, spent on here by the member seemed odd for someone about to release such an anticipated album. i've never released a single though so perhaps time is not an issue? i dont know. emails sent by the apparent band member seemed in excess. the amount of activity and fan interaction was not only limited to interference.com but other fan sites as well. not even i have time to dawdle around other sites. interf has been my u2 home for 4 years, and i am hardly busy enough to be compared to an international musician.
*the interview was not written by a british person. it also seemed strangely convoluted and contrived, unlike any other interview i've read from the band where if anything, they suffer verbal diahorrea. not the carefully crafted responses this one had. again this is supposing and possibly not enough to base doubt on. but as a mod i have spent the last 3 years watching how everyone writes on here, and you know the quickest way to spot an alter is first through the writing style? it's like a fingerprint. very few people can change how they write. those who can have mastered a difficult art.
*there was the issue of IP addresses. it was one more item, but certainly not the basis of my doubt. it is entirely possible to remotely connect. it seemed odd though after that, the IP changed to something entirely less stable.
*Principle Management stated that Edge was not posting on the internet in fan sites. this was almost 2 weeks ago if i recall.

i've forgotten a lot of my list of reasons, and the rest i shouldn't get into out of respect for privacy. it was never a secret that my digging around was not appreciated. we'd all like to think edge is posting here after all.

I really don't think this is fair of how people have responded to me posting here. Are you saying that I should stay in PLEBA and let the non-idiots post here? I never said you guys were wrong in doubting, but I make one post here and I get called something and get the general feeling that I'm unwelcome here. That's a really shitty feeling....the feeling that I have right now.

Is there any way you could explain more about the IPs, how many names shared the same one, where they were coming from? Of course, it doesn't matter to me, IPs can be manipulated and there is more than enough for a negative verdict without it.

starsgoblue said:
I really don't think this is fair of how people have responded to me posting here. Are you saying that I should stay in PLEBA and let the non-idiots post here?

No, I'm saying we have all found out the hard way that while PLEBA is safe and fun and happy, when you venture to other parts of the forum and express your opinions you can expect to get responses you don't like, and if you don't want to deal with that stay in PLEBA. It's been a joke for a long time and some girls are afraid to leave PLEBA. I guess you haven't been around long enough to get the staying in PLEBA reference. Everytime I get in trouble on another forum I post

:reject:

*runs back to PLEBA*

and speaking of being insulted, I was kind of put out by some of the things you just posted about those of us who don't believe:(

Okay back to the case at hand.

Last edited:
This is going to sound funny - but the ONE thing that gave me the creeps about Edge's posts (and me assuming this was NOT the Edge) was the phrase:

BE LUCKY!

WTF is that supposed to mean? A man with his Calvanistic upbringing using the term 'BE LUCKY'.

HAHAH.

I know, I'm weird.

BE LUCKY!

If this all turns out to be a fraud, this place can go screw itself.

I guess the part that bothers me is that Elvis did indeed pull what is being insinuated on this thread before. He posted as the Edge back in 2001. I almost left this place then but the fans here are for the most part pretty cool and its a good source of info so I couldnt bring myself to leave. Difference then was that Elvis never claimed it was Edge for real back then. Not so this time.

Over a year ago it was being implied that the band was "visiting" this forum and had for a long time. I pointed out then that Edge was asked about Interference during the Elevation tour in October 2001 he had no clue what it was!! Maybe he misunderstood what was being asked about, I will concede that its possible, but I dont think so.

I have been defending this site recently with this stuff and I will feel like a complete fool if this is a fraud. I will find out for sure and I know several other people will as well. In about 4 months I will know without a doubdt one way or the other. If its a fraud there will be a deluge of posts from people that know. In fact, I think if it is you may find it happening sooner. I personally cant do it until next year but others can before that.

I just dont get why Elvis would do this?? If its false this site is sunk IMO. No one will believe anything that is put out here ever again. So what is to gain in the long run? This is the only thing that has me clinging to the possibility that it may indeed be Edge.

I have noticed that the poster posting as Edge always visits (even when they dont post) at about 7:30am and about 11:30pm Dublin time according to their profile. I "guess" those times would fit.

Last edited:
Ladies, please!

Can we extend an olive branch here? Starsgoblue and U2Kitten, you are BOTH welcome here, and elsewhere on the forum, to discuss whatever you like--and particularly your concerns relevant to this matter.

Remember, we all really want the same thing: a peaceful, truthful resolution to this current situation.

Blue Room said:
If this all turns out to be a fraud, this place can go screw itself.

I guess the part that bothers me is that Elvis did indeed pull what is being insinuated on this thread before. He posted as the Edge back in 2001. I almost left this place then but the fans here are for the most part pretty cool and its a good source of info so I couldnt bring myself to leave. Difference then was that Elvis never claimed it was Edge for real back then. Not so this time.

Over a year ago it was being implied that the band was "visiting" this forum and had for a long time. I pointed out then that Edge was asked about Interference during the Elevation tour in October 2001 he had no clue what it was!! Maybe he misunderstood what was being asked about, I will concede that its possible, but I dont think so.

I have been defending this site recently with this stuff and I will feel like a complete fool if this is a fraud. I will find out for sure and I know several other people will as well. In about 4 months I will know without a doubdt one way or the other. If its a fraud there will be a deluge of posts from people that know. In fact, I think if it is you may find it happening sooner. I personally cant do it until next year but others can before that.

I just dont get why Elvis would do this?? If its false this site if sunk IMO. No one will believe anything that is put out here ever again. So what is to gain in the long run? This is the only thing that has me clinging to the possibility that it may indeed be Edge.

I have noticed that the poster posting as Edge always visits (even when they dont post) at about 7:30am and about 11:30pm Dublin time according to their profile. I "guess" those times would fit.

I echo your thoughts completely. I have no idea what was to be gained. This site didn't need any fake hype, there was enough real hype to maintain interest.

If this is a hoax, I truly worry about the mental stability of those responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom