Interference Plebiscite: Abdicate or Mediate - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:57 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 03:51 AM
All I can say is thank you for letting me back in with this name and I apologize for the immature hell I brought to myself and others last year.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:11 PM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Damn, Iris has her other name back, I have more competition in the top 10 posters again!

Old 10-07-2004, 02:13 PM   #123
Refugee

Local Time: 04:51 AM
lol
Old 10-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #124
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
All I can say is thank you for letting me back in with this name and I apologize for the immature hell I brought to myself and others last year.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:26 PM   #125
War Child

Quote:
Iit seems that no one has even the slightest notion of why I might be upset otherwise at least one person would have at least attempted to explain some stuff to me by now
no I don't have the slightest ..other then if it concerns what you mentioned about Edge... again what proof would you like..you either believe it or you don't there is no big conspiracy here ..on my word which might not mean much to you but it's all I have ..
Old 10-07-2004, 02:32 PM   #126
you are what you is

Local Time: 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Katey
..you either believe it or you don't
ah, so edge is like Santa

well, that should at least mean he'll post less than I do in december
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-07-2004, 06:04 PM   #127
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:51 AM
since no one has answered carrie's question, i'll repeat it: what do you guys want or need that'll prove to you that it is david "the edge" evans, and not someone else?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:09 PM   #128
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:51 PM

All of my questions, out on the table, in no particular order:

1. Was the first U2 interview conducted by email, submission of written questions, telephone or personal meeting? Answering this question is not giving away music industry trade secrets.

2. Is the person posting by the Interference username of “The Edge” The Edge from the Irish musical combo U2? Yes or no?

After receiving many emails from this person, as well as reading his posts, I can tell you why I doubt he is The Edge of U2 - American English, American spelling, the terrorist comment, as well as the general lack of PR/fan relation skills. If the offensive post was fired off in a hurry and later regretted any mature adult would apologise. “The Edge” has posted recently and I can only presume he has witnessed the fallout from his previous terrorist comments.

Many people received emails from Henry Rollins and are in little doubt that it’s actually The Henry Rollins from whom they have received the email. So why do people doubt it’s the Edge of U2 posting? Other band members post on other boards with acceptance. I believe a direct answer, from Elvis, to my question as distinct from vagaries regarding The Edges official title as “The Edge U2 Officially the Real Thing “ etc would go someway to resolve this issue.

3. Policies of this site. As I commented in your journal on 10-04-2004 10:17am (Perth time and date) and am yet to receive an answer:

" Elvis, what is the strategic management policy revision plan for interference.com? Review the policies every one year or two? I haven’t been posting that long so I’m not aware of when the policies were last reviewed. Perhaps the time is now.”

By accepting moneys from members of this site a legal transaction has occurred. As in any professional relationship there are standards expected to be met. There does appear to be inconsistencies in policy application on this site.

Perhaps if the policies were defined and referred to in communication this would ease tension somewhat eg where a thread is closed perhaps a message along the lines of “This thread was closed due to rule No 22” rather than the thread being closed and/or deleted and the rest of us wondering what the hell happened.

This site may well have started out as a backyard operation but due to its size and reach across the internet this site now sits squarely in the realms of where professional administration is expected.

I frequent this site as I enjoy the interaction with my pixilated friends. I would very much like the vagaries and inconsistencies to cease so we can all go back to enjoying ourselves.

The recent controversies have created an opportunity to improve on communications, clarify any inconsistencies, ‘clear the air’, and create a site that we can all enjoy.

peace

edited to correct typo.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #129
War Child

Beli

1. first no it's not a music industry trade secret nor was it made out to be that..the reason for the vagueness around the interview is not to be tricky but to abide by requests that got us that particular interview and to respect that deal and that person(s)
However for the sake of good relations here .. yes the "actual questions" were sent and returned via e-mail which is pretty easy to figure out from the tone itself..now you can all speculate on what it means that the questions! were sent by e-mail..

2. Yes ... as has been Interference position from the begining this is Edge..who as well all know is human and has opinions and is very aware of what happens and reaction and fall out of many things here.. interaction with Edge to me here has been very much similar to the lilt in the writing or lack of whichever be the case in different opinion be .. that my own father had being irish an livin around the Dublin area and having spent almost as much time in North America, so thats tough to go by really..while we are on it I wouldnt put much stake in what you believe an IP address tells you either..

guess thats all I can atest to out of your questions..hope that solved something..
Old 10-07-2004, 08:17 PM   #130
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:51 PM
Why is IP address constantly being brought up as the basis for disbelief? I'm running out of ways to say this is a crock.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Katey
while we are on it I wouldnt put much stake in what you believe an IP address tells you either..

Yeah, really. When Khanada or someone had that sig that displayed my (or whoever was looking) IP address it was only the address of our DHCP server. It only works if you actually have the user's IP address and not whatever's doling it out.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:50 PM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I'm running out of ways to say this is a crock.
how could you not beLIEve, anna?
Old 10-07-2004, 08:59 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Katey, why was it not possible earlier to tell us that the interview took place via email, but now you can, "for the sake of good relations here"? Your earlier and persistent vagueness on this point really exacerbated people's doubts. What gives?
Old 10-07-2004, 09:11 PM   #134
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by biff
Katey, why was it not possible earlier to tell us that the interview took place via email, but now you can, "for the sake of good relations here"? Your earlier and persistent vagueness on this point really exacerbated people's doubts. What gives?
Nothing gives. This is what we said in the intro to the interview...

"U2 took the time to answer a few questions from the senior staff members of Interference.com, talking about the upcoming album and tour, and U2 at 25 and beyond."

We never mentioned sitting down with the band, chatting with them on the phone, etc.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:31 PM   #135
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith2904

We never mentioned sitting down with the band, chatting with them on the phone, etc.
No you didn't, and that's the point. Beli's first question (my question) is valid. Repeated queries about the nature of the interview were turned away with vague answers. Why? If it was via email, why not just say so?
Sorry, I won't stress this point further. It's the small things that cause massive aggravation, like the grain of sand in the oyster.
I love this place; I don't mean to seem critical or cranky. Pax to the mods and admins.