Interference Plebiscite: Abdicate or Mediate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katey said:
Thank You..as some one posted before on another thread can't remember who sorry..
War is Over if You Want It
there is no war
severe doubts have been brought to the open and for good reason
the response has been that we can't/don't need to know

if it is a flaw in my personality that I don't agree with this
well, shame on me

U2Fan101 said:
I'll be pissed if it turns out Edge is fake. We spend money for premium memberships and donate money to a new server and then we find out Edge is fake. So I feel like we are being had and it pisses me off.

This better come clean and out in the open, and if Edge is fake and a mod is faking him, I have no respect for this fansite anymore and I am gone.

Exactly. And if Elvis can lie about Edge, who's to say he can't lie about needing a new server and everyone sending him money? I know that's a dangerous thought, but those are the type of things one begind to think after everything gets fucked up b/c a few people seemingly have nothing better to do with their time. :shrug:

I agree that it would be really fucked up if The Edge turns out to be a lie, but for now I don't believe that.
Even though I don't trust Elvis. But that's just my natural mistrust against anyone who has absolute or just too much power, which is also the main reason why I never became or probably will become a Premium Member...

Interference is in direct contact with "people close to the band" in trying to resolve all of this. I can't say anymore on this at the moment. A lot of you are making A LOT of assumptions, and this is getting WAY out of control. We WILL post something when we have something to post, we are being patient, so you are going to have to be as well. I am leaving this thread open for comment, please respect that and act accordingly.

Joel

I will try this once again though

Salome said:
I just want to know if even one person on this site has any proof
mainly because - as I stated earlier - it would be beyond shameful when should this turn out not to be Edge (and based on what I've read I would say that is a less than 50% probability) we only get a lame "ah sorry, we were also tricked, tisk, damn Don from Chicago to pull this one on us" excuse
most obvious spelling mistakes were editted from that quote

Salome said:
your behaviour in this thread has been more antagonising than mine even

Katey is on about the same level as me

congrats to both of you

not sure if that's a compliment. :wink: Just trying to be level-headed at this point but its pretty much a wait and see situation right now and we're all wanting to know the outcome. (self included) i laugh because i find it funny... its one of those damned if you do or damned if you don't deals.

you weren't being level headed
you were ridiculing someone else's post
that's not entirely the same

salomeU2000 said:
at this point but its pretty much a wait and see situation
I don't get this part either

either someone on Interference's staff has at some point had any proof that would lead to believe that this really is The Edge and therefore awarded him with an official band status or not
that can be stated right now and needs no delay whatsoever

if only now steps are being undertaken to figure this out
then that's rather odd on its own
and doesn't seem to be on one line with the little bits we were told about this

Last edited:
FYI this just came up on atu2.com posted by the site's owner concerning our situation here:

At the moment, U2 is 100% focused on the single, the album, the tour, their book, the RRHOF stuff, the marketing and promotion, and everything that accompanies these things. What's going on with Interference (or any fan site, for that matter) is the equivalent of a fly buzzing around their ankle.

When I was speaking to my contact last week about this, the idea of making an announcement on U2.com came up but it was also suggested they didn't want to give the situation more publicity. I suppose that's the decision they've made, and when I wrote in my original post about waiting for someone to say something, I was referring as much to U2.com as anyone else.

Salome said:
you weren't being level headed
you were ridiculing someone else's post
that's not entirely the same

not ridiculing someone... merely turning the tables
people don't seem to care for that as much, but oh well laugh it off and move on.

hands are tied, body bruised they make us wait

again
make you wait for what?

it could be I'm misunderstanding the point to this thread
but what exactly are we waiting for?

I've been trying to remain out of this since it started because I figure that I don't know shit about what goes on behind the scenes here. I love this place, I've made great friends here, and I've always trusted the mods and Elvis whole-heartedly.....
I wasn't studying the conspiracy theories or trying to solve the puzzle.
I figured I had no reason to get to the bottom of anything.

That said, I was, to say the least, a little surprised to see Elvis' post about talking to people close to the band to resolve this.

I was unaware there was anything to "resolve". I thought this was a done issue in the eyes of Interference and the staff....meaning I believed that there was a united front all agreeing that this was, in fact, THE Edge.

I am truly not trying to fuel the fire here though I probably am.

I just don't understand how I was under the impression that there was nothing to "resolve" and now something needs resolution.

What EXACTLY needs resolution?

Last edited:
Yeah, what is supposed to be 'resolved' with sources close to the band :huh: the situation lies within the site, both the faux Edge and the saga of our two beloved deposed mods:|

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I don't need to know which steps are being taken
I don't need to know when answers are being expected

much like U2SavesTheWorld and U2Kitten I would just very much like to know what needs to be resolved now?

surely that isn't all that odd

Question: when you quoted my smilies were you agreeing w/ me or disagreeing?

What I mean was, I don't give a flying fuck if Elvis is the real Edge's best friend and Edge secretly posts here everyday. That doesn't change the fact that people have been lied to one way or the other.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

What I mean was, I don't give a flying fuck if Elvis is the real Edge's best friend and Edge secretly posts here everyday. That doesn't change the fact that people have been lied to one way or the other.

:up:

Liza and Katey are clearly different people. It's a shame that Liza was dragged through the mud. :tsk:

Petty personal jealousies, which I believe were the reason for the start of this thread, should indeed not be aired in public. They diminish both sides, and they diminsh those who are caught in the middle.

God help us if Bono ever posts. :rolleyes:

What a disaster.

I think that this thread should be locked until whatever "resolution" that is in the works has been reached. Or perhaps everyone can just agree to stop posting and wait to see what Elvis pulls out of his ... hat.

Lots of feelings are getting hurt unnecessarily because an effective response has not been delivered. The only person who can deliver such a response has chosen instead to leave his mod team and staff twisting in the wind.

Whether you agree or disagree with him, there's only one person who can clear the air here. Let's focus on that.

ThatGuy said:
The only person who can deliver such a response has chosen instead to leave his mod team and staff twisting in the wind.

Whether you agree or disagree with him, there's only one person who can clear the air here. Let's focus on that.

I'm glad someone posted this. While we are all indeed a team and are here to support Elvis and the site, I have been trying to steer clear of this mess because honestly, I dont even know what the hell is going on and I'm an admin! And I would hate to think that anyone thinks that the moderating team has anything to do with any of this, no matter what the outcome, because we only know what we have been told by Elvis, like everyone else.

If this really is The Edge and some peoples own petty paranoid insecurities blows this up to the point where "official" recognition from the band is the only way to resolve this...then I would have to say shame on all of you. If I were Edge and saw this shit blow up as a result of me trying to do something nice....I doubt I'd ever want to do so again.

If some of you took your passion to beat this dead horse of a topic and applied it to something positve...imagine what kind of changes this world could see? I'm sure however, some of you are counting how many periods I like to put in between my thoughts and try to find a pattern....Three is the standard number for me-to save you some time.

If this isn't Edge, then someone needs to suck it up and apologize. I still have no reason to doubt based on illogical negativity of a few. I still believe...I appreciate what the staff at Interference does for me and for everyone else here....nobody forces anyone to keep posting here, if you really think you find fault then you don't need to post here, simple as that. Don't try to wedge a sense of chaos and negativity between the community on your way out though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom