ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:26 AM
Wouldn't we all...

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:03 PM   #92
She's the One

Local Time: 04:26 AM
If Edge rides in on the pony, count me in!

Old 10-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #93
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
Martha... I love you...

(Y'know, life is just too damn short to be fooling around with stuff that doesn't matter all that much.)
Old 10-06-2004, 09:21 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
And while I do understand that questioning and wondering make for a free and open society, in this case it's redundant and petty.
Most definitely. I don't think there was any disagreement there. This thread had many shortcomings, and had it remained in Lemonade Stand I think the outcome would have been much different.

Of course there's an element of tactic involved Joel. You yourself have a method too, which I'm sure you'll deny because it's on a need to know basis.

I'll just lean on martha again for her summary, because it's fitting. In the end this does not matter in the least, and neither does any other thread. But that does not absolve the site of having a certain obligation to its members... that's all I'm after. A red snapper would be nice too, once and a while.

Everyone else has abdicated, so smell you folks later.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #95
She's the One

I wish I could still PM you, cuj.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:33 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Agreed.

I've still got this "Happy Birthday!!" PM from Elvis in my inbox. Talk about tactic, I can't even open the bloody thing.

Old 10-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #97
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
There remain only two choices: 1. Stop asking and think it's a lie. 2. Stop asking and decide it's the truth.
Thank you for boiling this down, SOMEBODY finally got the message!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:53 AM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:26 PM
Elvis: were there not MP3s for days posted, and various people even shared their emails and hosted them? Were they not hunted down? Wouldn't there be threads all over saying "I can't host it anymore"?
"once it's out there it's out there", as you said when I asked about "all because of you" MP3 for exactly the same reason.

NO ONE is saying anyone is lying about this, like said over and over again, we're simply asking questions. Some believe, some doubt and some of us aren't sure either way.

Martha: since we're all equal - members, I mean - I don't think anyone (you) will tell anyone else (me) me to stop asking. By all means, stop posting yourself it this issue bothers you so much.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:17 AM   #99
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
Elvis: were there not MP3s for days posted, and various people even shared their emails and hosted them? Were they not hunted down? Wouldn't there be threads all over saying "I can't host it anymore"?
"once it's out there it's out there", as you said when I asked about "all because of you" MP3 for exactly the same reason.
I'm not sure where you've been but many of the people who hosted the spanish leaks were contacted and told to take them down. Never mind the Vertigo fiasco. I know of at least 1 site that had a major problem. Can you make a list of the sites that are still hosting any of the clips? It would be interesting to see who escaped the wrath of the RIAA or its equivalent in various countries.

Although maybe you shouldn't because they might not be hosting them for long after.

(No one can do anything about sending clips by email or sharing via messenger.)
Old 10-07-2004, 05:33 AM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

3) They are to everyone but myself and a FEW staff members.
I was also wondering why some are told and some are not, and mostly why the newest 'staff' member, the one who wasn't even an interference member who seemed to come from nowhere to the top, suddenly get privvy to this info over more long term members and mods, if that's too nosey, you don't have to answer, but it bugs me.

Quote:
6) Their privacy, and really... it's no one's business. I dont go and tell everyone what each person's REAL NAME is just because I know it, do I?
Of course not, but this is different, they are the subject matter here, and there have been many threads where people were questioning if the band read or posted here, and most often most of us ended up believeing that while they probably did check in from time to time they were not that active, and certainly not among us. I just think that if they are among us very often, it would have been nice to know, not to reveal their names but just to alert us so we would be aware, that's only fair to the rest of us posting. Some of the stuff posted here, especially in EYKIW and PLEBA, has been embarrassing, some stuff I even thought would hurt their feelings. Most people would probably have been more careful with their posts if they knew a band member or their family members were here. Now I'm so freaked out I'm going to have to wonder if someone I think is a 16 year old American girl is actually Adam, or Ali, or the office worker from SanFran is really Morleigh, or even Bono Our community will never be the same knowing this

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:36 AM   #101
you are what you is

Local Time: 01:26 PM
so basically
the main reason why I should believe this is Edge is still because I trust Joel

hmm
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-07-2004, 05:40 AM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The RIAA does 'patrol' forums like this one, thats how they find out about the leaks.
I thought that was happening, and it bothers me that some people blame the band. I'm not talking about people here, I mean people I know, they said, 'well if U2 is going to be like that and shut down people's sites I'm not going to buy their cd' but it's NOT the band, they didn't care (as Dalkey posted) it's the RIAA and they do it to all bands, not just U2. I tried to tell this to the people, and how the band has never been that way and has even been pro napster.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:53 AM   #103
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:26 PM
Old 10-07-2004, 05:54 AM   #104
Jesus Online

sorry that wasn't for you u2k. it was...this um thread.

:ninja:
Old 10-07-2004, 05:56 AM   #105
Jesus Online

ive been watching this thread for a few days now. and i will just spit out what ive been thinking. soon enough, people, it will be proven once and for all who our mysterious edge is. this caper wont be going on forever.

watch this space i spose.