Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 08:16 PM   #361
Refugee

Local Time: 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by OzAurora
Hey Follower, so happy to hear from you. You dont seem to post as much anymore, good to see you again. Now please excuse my vagueness, but who is this Celia woman?? obviously someone to do with principal management, but what is her title. After reading what you had to say follower, I too am increasingly becoming a dis-believer.
Olá, thanks for your kind words garota. Yes, I haven´t posted here as I used to, I´m more of a lurker nowadays.

Cecilia is Larry´s sister. As far as I know she has been in charge of Propaganda for years. Don´t know what is her position at PM though.

MT

Old 10-10-2004, 08:19 PM   #362
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:04 PM
Well, if you actually wanted to be a mod, I think you'd need to have at least some familiarity with all the subforums, have a friendly and concerned persona on the forum, have a respect for authority and be conscious of the dangers of abusing power, and genuinely want to help members of the online U2 fan community. It probably helps to have been a regularly posting member here for a year or two and/or have some moderating experience (I had already been a mod elsewhere and had been hanging out here for about a year, I guess, when I became a mod.) Good background knowledge of U2 is probably also a plus. Being diplomatic is a necessity.

I think I covered almost everything...

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:21 PM   #363
War Child

She's Larry's sister and worked (works?) at Propaganda.

Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2

Anyone care to enlighten me as to who Cecilia Coffey is?
Old 10-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #364
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:04 AM
Dammit, this thread made me question if this is really The Edge or not. Damn you people I was having so much fun with my naivety! By the way if that's not The Edge.... well, that fucking hurts and this place should be shut down. But I hope this is not the case.

PS: I still hope (and think) that that's The Edge and that he confirms it when the tour starts.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:09 PM   #365
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Katey

Yes I had contact with the Edge, yes my credibility is on the line
That's right, so once again: When you had this "contact", what proof did you require, and what proof did you receive? What was the nature of this "contact"?
Old 10-10-2004, 09:18 PM   #366
War Child

Local Time: 08:04 PM
.....ooby dooby dooby dooby
do wah do wah do wah

.....because sometimes you just need to laugh
Old 10-10-2004, 09:27 PM   #367
War Child

Local Time: 01:04 PM
"whistling"

whooowhoo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo who who who whoooo

Don't worry

be happy
Old 10-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #368
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

nevermind.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 10-10-2004, 09:41 PM   #369
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Let's try and keep this thread on track, please. I know people are trying to lighten the mood, and that's really very admirable--but I don't want to see the thread derailed into IO-style strings of smilies and cute remarks.

Thanks.

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:43 PM   #370
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:04 PM
Thank you, Pax.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #371
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:04 PM
I just wanted to say one more thing....

I want to thank Elvis and the admins and mods for keeping this thread open.
I'm sure its hard to read all of this when a lot of it seems to be getting personal.

I just think its cool of you guys to allow us to express our views on this subject without shutting it down.

Thats all I have to say about that.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:52 PM   #372
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Thanks, U2StW.

It's very important to us that, at a time when people are variously upset, angry, hurt, and confused, we not take action that could be interpreted negatively.

For my part, I want to reassure everyone again (before I go to bed and have to go to work early tomorrow, so I may not be checking in for a while) that:

--No one will be censored/edited in this thread
--No bannings are happening based on anything said in this thread
--This thread will remain open as long as is necessary and will not be closed

(Of course, the above will be null and void if people start getting abusive/harassing, but that hasn't happened and I have no reason to think that it will.)

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:54 PM   #373
you are what you is

Local Time: 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld
I'm sure its hard to read all of this when a lot of it seems to be getting personal.
in a way it's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy though

when you have a thread like this around for a couple of days and there's no sign of any answers (and I still don't see the need to wait for any confirmation from anyone to state what was the reason behind your actions so far) then at some point people will get irritated
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-10-2004, 10:57 PM   #374
you are what you is

Local Time: 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Layton
All of this make me want to become a mod. How can I become one?
I have a similar question but sort of the other way around
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-10-2004, 11:11 PM   #375
The Fly

Local Time: 03:04 AM
my god some of you people know how to moan!

25 pages of whining, its enough to kill anyone!
why not just enjoy yourself on the forum instead of picking on the site and the mods and the owners over and over and over again.
its boring and long-winded

i haven't been on the site for too long but i've been pretty active since i have started (ignore the low number of posts, i changed alters) but in the short and busy time i've been here i've never had a prob with any mods or elvis or any of the members for that matter and i think thats because i dont take it too seriously. not that i dont take my absolute love of the band seriously, thats never in question, but that i dont take every closed thread or every comment from a mod or another member as a personal attack as it seems some of you guys do.
i've had threads closed of mine which i perhaps disagreed with, but i didnt attack or question elvis or the forum openly for it because its not personal and hey, life goes on. i just forget about it and go find something else to talk about.
its surprisingly easy to do.

i also believe the work that the mods and owners of the site do to keep this place running is their own business and nobody in this site has the right to demand to know everything that goes on behind the scenes. i wouldnt walk up to my boss at work and demand to know exactly how the company is run behind closed doors and why. its none of my business and i feel the same applies here.

as a relative newbie to the site and a happy one at the that, i think the amount of accusation and criticism people throw at the forum and its supervisers to be insulting and is the only thing i dont like about this place. if anything i thought we would be grateful to the people who run this place that its actually even here in the first place and that they give up so much of their time to keep it up and, with the exception of threads like this, a great place to be.

surely it cant be too hard for you guys just to have fun and enjoy yourselves here?
if it IS that hard and you dislike it that much, you probably shouldnt be here then.