Interference Plebiscite: Abdicate or Mediate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone well knows my suspicions on her by now, but Katey is the one who claimed all along to have the contact and to be handling this. So I fail to see how she's not involved and doesn't know anything now. If I'm singling one person out, it's because that one person singled herself out all along in her posts and comments that this was her baby, now there's no way to get out of it. Of course it is Elvis's site so he is ultimately responsible but this cannot be denied. I do believe the mods when they say they don't know anything, but Katey HAS to know something.

Yes we do around and around and around..
Biff I appreciate your question honest I do and I know it's not easy on ANYONE but please be patient just a bit longer..And if I was trying to get out of it..I would have left long ago dont you think..but leaving people high and dry is not something I do. And of course I know something the whole senior staff knows something as we work as a TEAM and I believe I mentioned why I brought myself out like I did no need repeating..although I cant remember ever using "my baby" perhaps I did, then I would apologize for that fact.I've never said I don't know anything though U2Kitten given the nature of the questions here we want to be able to bring the ANSWER that hopefully satisfies all. For anyone one of us to further our answers until then is pointless as they will only be questioned..and go around and around.. such is the case so far which is understandable

Angela Harlem said:
Doctor Who, with all due respect I haven't spoken to you since you were last banned from here so how you would think you have any clue of bias I have, is really beyond me.

I was going to edit that post as I miswrote. I offer my sincerest apologies for my awkward writing and for upsetting you.

I meant to say that given your current anger towards Joel, this may create some more negative feelings. Does that make sense? I'll elaborate more below.

As a side note, while Joel may have put me on the "banned list", I was the one who asked for the account to be disabled. :) I chose to leave Interference (and I did for 14 months) and I didn't want anyone posting under the "doctor who" moniker.

hate to be a real party pooper here in this little bitch fest, but my complaints regarding this matter of the last few weeks have had sweet fuck all to do with Elvis. Is this perfectly clear to everyone yet?

It is clear - and in fact, that's why I wrote what I did.

All we have is Elvis's word that this is Edge. Now, going to Matt's site and seeing him post how his "sources" claim it's not the Edge is just as bad. All we have there is Matt's word. Matt is just as ambiguous as Elvis about his "sources". We can't trust Matt's "sources" and not trust Joel's (or vice versa).

Getting back to you - given your current animosity towards Joel, it may mean that you are far less willing, at least on a subconcious level, to believe anything he says. Hence, you are not willing to believe this is the Edge merely at all. Does that make sense?

Also, I can fully relate to your current feelings. I also had a disagreement with Joel and several mods in the past. While I still feel my views were substantiated, my time away allowed me to realize how little all of this means. As such, perhaps some time away will help you as well. You are an outstanding moderator, but sometimes we just need a break from the "blue crack". :)

I need to agree with Katey, I think that every possible question that we are looking to have answered has already been presented and those involved have stated they are "working on it". I think we should take a breather from this thread and give the people involved reasonable time to work this out. Just a thought. But I can't see any positive to running on this treadmill further at this time unless there is any further development.

Katey said:

I cant remember ever using "my baby"

You didn't, it was just a term I used to sum up how throughout the whole thing your posts and comments always stated how you were the one handling this, dealing with things, making the contact, in control of the situation, so yes I think you have as much to answer for as Elvis.

I really don't understand what it is that we are 'waiting' for. Are there answers or not? Are we buying time to come up with excuses or a good butt covering story? I don't get why we can't get a straight answer, and all the avoiding of the issue only makes the parties look more guilty. Why not just admit it, apologize, delete the 'Edge' stuff so we can start to move past this and start having fun again?

(Though I do understand for some 'moving on' will not be good enough)

You didn't, it was just a term I used to sum up how throughout the whole thing your posts and comments always stated how you were the one handling this, dealing with things, making the contact, in control of the situation, so yes I think you have as much to answer for as Elvis.

Ahhh okay I don't disagree that I did direct the attention to me on it..it's my knee jerk reaction to state what I have.So U2Kitten I will agree with you on that

Now as far as the statement and the waiting... to be fair to the situation we want to give all parties involved a chance for their input..thats what we are waiting on ..not our position. I know this will be my last post on this thread until then ..

Cheers! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

U2Kitten said:

I really don't understand what it is that we are 'waiting' for. Are there answers or not? Are we buying time to come up with excuses or a good butt covering story? I don't get why we can't get a straight answer, and all the avoiding of the issue only makes the parties look more guilty. Why not just admit it, apologize, delete the 'Edge' stuff so we can start to move past this and start having fun again?

That might have some truth. But until we get answers from the parties involved all we would be doing on here is speculating and going back and forth. Impose a deadline or something, I don't know. But right now we are just going around and around and I find it pointless.

If someone needs to apologize, they should do so now. If someone is doing something to rectify the situation give us a time frame before we'd have an answer... This is getting obnoxious.

FullonEdge2 said:
no staff member would ever have compared Jick to a terrorist. It is the Edge people.

The real EDGE would never have done that, even if he thought it. Edge is a rich and high profile person who could be sued for his actions. I don't believe Edge or any other U2 member would say that about ANY fan. They'd be too careful. In fact that was one thing that made a lot of people start getting suspicious as to the authenticity of "Edge." However many in the U2 community have not liked J and have criticized him and I can see how someone inpersonating Edge would use that to try to take a jab at J, kind of like the Southpark episode where they humilated the kid they hated in front of his idols Radiohead;)

Last edited:
Sorry, but I think it is my business, and I think I do have the right to take it seriously, when there are larger moral questions at issue. As far as I know, moral issues and guidelines still apply to the internet..

My speculation is that this thread may have been started due to someone or several people having the same questions, not due to any "petty jealousies" :huh: I for one have no "jealousies", and my questions have nothing to do w/ anything remotely resembling that.

And w/ all due respect, maybe yelling in all caps isn't exactly the most productive thing either..if you choose hiphop to just avoid/ignore all of this, that's your choice, but I don't think you have the right to malign anyone who doesn't.

And if that makes me a "whiner", then so be it.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
How could Edge get sued for saying what was in the post? (assuming that was him for the sake of this argument)

Sometimes people sue for being called names in public, it's called 'libel' if it's in writing and 'slander' if it's a spoken word. Calling someone a terrorist when they are not could also be 'defamation of character.' Rich people have to be especially careful not to offend anyone because high profile people with money are the most at risk. I've never heard Edge insult anyone, even a politician.That aside, I also don't believe Edge would insult any fan because the band is a business and insulting fans just plain isn't good for business. You think a guy you put down and called a terrorist is going to want to buy your cd and shell out to see a show? It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Katey said:
Now as far as the statement and the waiting... to be fair to the situation we want to give all parties involved a chance for their input..thats what we are waiting on ..not our position.
there are no other parties involved :huh:

either Interference did do a background check before they handed out the status claiming this is the edge or they didn't

the reason we're waiting is because at least none of the people who are actively posting in this thread have indeed checked up on this
at least that's the only explanation I can come up with

U2Kitten said:

Sometimes people sue for being called names in public, it's called 'defamation of character.' Rich people have to be especially careful not to offend anyone because high profile people with money are the most at risk. I've never heard Edge insult anyone, even a politician.That aside, I also don't believe Edge would insult any fan because the band is a business and insulting fans just plain isn't good for business. You think a guy you put down and called a terrorist is going to want to buy your cd and shell out to see a show? It just doesn't make sense.

I know what defamation of character is...but saying someone's one behavior is similar to a terrorists in the sense it was used in-- I don't think would legally apply under that.

I'm sure there have been people that U2 could care less whether or not they had on the bandwagon...

I'm not saying any of this because I'm 100% of either side for the authenticity of Edge on here...just commenting as everyone else.

doctorwho said:

All we have is Elvis's word that this is Edge. Now, going to Matt's site and seeing him post how his "sources" claim it's not the Edge is just as bad. All we have there is Matt's word. Matt is just as ambiguous as Elvis about his "sources". We can't trust Matt's "sources" and not trust Joel's (or vice versa).

In all fairness, if you read this thread - the people who have doubts about whether this is Edge are relying on much more than just Elvis's word vs. Matt's word. A number of people have laid out in exquisite detail the inconsistencies. But as far as that goes, my opinion is that "The Edge" has shown up here before, with band status, with the staff saying it was indeed The Edge, when in fact it was later admitted not to be. I say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

In response to some of the folks who have said just to let it go - If you don't care about this if it is The Edge or isn't, that's cool. This argument has been quite nicely and in my opinion, for the most part - civilly contained right here in this thread (and not blasted about over the whole board). But some people do care very much - especially some who have paid money to this site. They feel like customers and want to not feel like they are being misled in exchange for their hard-earned.

I'm content to wait and see what they come up with - the "working it out" that's going on.

brook said:

In response to some of the folks who have said just to let it go - If you don't care about this if it is The Edge or isn't, that's cool. This argument has been quite nicely and in my opinion, for the most part - civilly contained right here in this thread (and not blasted about over the whole board). But some people do care very much - especially some who have paid money to this site. They feel like customers and want to not feel like they are being misled in exchange for their hard-earned.

First, I DO care if it's Edge or not, some have said that but not me. I think it matters. Though I do just want to get back to normal here because I like the fun we used to have, as I said I DO totally understand this. I also have given money. I agree with the person who said somewhere back there that this is no longer just a little fun fansite, this has become big, it's a business now, with paying customers who deserve to be treated fairly and honestly as any business would have to do. When the site was free, it was easier to accept Elvis was doing everything his way only and saying if anyone didn't like it they could hit the highway. But now that many people have invested in the site, I don't think it's an autocracy anymore and people's feelings and demands should be given more consideration and importance. I hate to bring money into it and never have, but that is another point here. But the non paying members of the community also deserve respect and fairness. We are all people with feelings who are not asking too much to expect that.

:hug: Brazilian Fly :sad:

Last edited:
This thread needs a break as does this topic. I've got numerous emails and PMs asking me to close it down for awhile, atleast until there is something more substantial to be said. While I'm sure some of you will be upset by that, I think everyone needs a break from it for awhile. Please respect the rules/FAQ. This thread will be reopened at the appropriate time.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom