Interference Plebiscite: Abdicate or Mediate - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:13 PM   #166
War Child

Local Time: 10:00 AM
http://forum.interference.com/t97382.html

My apologies Katey. It was Angela Harlem who decided that the speculation = harrassment. Very strange.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:21 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Yeah, talk about that Steely Dan needing spellcheck themselves

Just like the JFK grassy knoll theory, I don't believe any one person acted alone, but there are 'persons of interest' here.

I also feel so bad for the other mods and staff members who were not part of it and now really don't know what to do or say and all the fans who beLIEved.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:25 PM   #168
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:00 AM
I'll say it again...NO POSTS WILL BE DELETED OR EDITED IN THIS THREAD.

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #169
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaAnn

Not that I want to get involved in all the drama that's been going on around here but may I offer a suggestion ...

"The Edge' posted a a self-picture from his photobucket account in PLEBA? Could he perhaps take a picture of himself in from of his computer browsing the blue crack?

Again just a suggestion ...
That's a great idea but there's only one thing wrong with it.....anyone can take a head shot of Edge and stick it on someone else's body by using Photoshop. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

Something from Principle Management that's posted on U2.com saying this is indeed Edge or the official word from Edge in an interview seen on TV would be about the only thing that would be good enough.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:35 PM   #170
Refugee

Local Time: 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

That's a great idea but there's only one thing wrong with it.....anyone can take a head shot of Edge and stick it on someone else's body by using Photoshop. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

Something from Principle Management that's posted on U2.com saying this is indeed Edge or the official word from Edge in an interview seen on TV would be about the only thing that would be good enough.
Unless it was a professional graphic artist it would be relatively easy to detect a fake. Even if it were a professional job it's really hard to create something that would stand up to close scrutiny. Personally I'd be more than happy with a picture like the one Jessica Ann suggested. Given the sometimes ham-handed nature of this apparent forgery I doubt a convincing picture like this would be within the forgers' capabilities.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:48 PM   #171
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by brook
1. "The Edge" posted one of his earlier threads - his "Good Morning Friends" post - at 7:13 a.m. eastern time (or, 1 in the afternoon in Ireland). Why would he say "Good Morning" at 1 in the afternoon?

2. The next post Edge made was at 12:54 a.m. (that'd be 6:54 a.m. in Europe) - Good Evening Interferencers! Again, was Edge confused about his time?
I'm having a little hard time figuring out your time line. The way I have it the "Good Morning" Thread was posted at 1:13 AM Central Time, and the "Good Evening" one at 6:54 PM Central Time. I think you are reading the times incorrectly. Keep in mind that the times you are seeing in the threads is your time zone or the time zone you have set in your profile, not the the posters. What time zone do you have your profile set to, it looks to me like you have it set to GMT not U.S. Eastern zone.

On a different topic, I find it extremely amusing that someone has posted a link to a thread at the atu2 forum in which the person I believe to be Dalkey Beach is also a poster. I believe the link was posted in order to highlight a comment from the Admin at that site that is just as vague and inconclusive as the responses given here. But I think its ironic that that was the thread that is linked here.

Aah yes the "proverbial source close to the band" that really clears things for me.

I've already concluded that at this point whatever happens it is a lose lose situation. And that's pretty sad.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:57 PM   #172
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:00 PM

Further questions, in relation to my original posting in this thread on 10-08-2004 09:09 AM (Perth time and date):

3b Please outline the details of this sites Quality Assurance Programme
3c Timeliness. It has been five days since my original request in Elvis journal to which I'm yet to receive a response. Elvis also has not made an appearance in this thread for quite some time. Please define the customer relation reply policy.

Thank you.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #173
Refugee

Beli he did have time to come into another thread and defend his fiscal policy.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:04 PM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

I REALLY believe this thing has gone far enough and needs to be put out of its misery before anyone gets hurt. There are still girls posting about "Edge" posting here and talking to him like he's real. This isn't fair to anyone. From what I've seen today and yesterday, the case is closed. All the evidence is in this thread posted by several people. Can it please end now?
Old 10-08-2004, 05:08 PM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
Beli he did have time to come into another thread and defend his fiscal policy.
Thanks. I was under the, obviously mistaken, understanding that this was the only thread in which Elvis would address management issues. My apologies.

Do you have a link, please?
Old 10-08-2004, 05:10 PM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Rose,
I saw that screen name as well and it triggered a bell. I went to check it out in an old thread and found that the email had been removed (which I totally understand, rightly so). I'm glad someone else saw this as well.

I just want to understand what's going on. I've looked at other message boards and have read what people are saying about the people at this site and it bothers me. If we're being lied to, I feel we should know.

Also, I would like to say again thank you to the mods for keeping this place from becoming an unreadable mess during the busy times. I know you put a lot of time and effort into the site and I enjoy this place immensely, I just don't like being told half truths or out-and-out lies.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:12 PM   #177
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by beli

Thanks. I was under the, obviously mistaken, understanding that this was the only thread in which Elvis would address management issues. My apologies.

Do you have a link, please?
It was in hiphop's thread in this same forum. I'll quote his response:

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis 2 1/2 hours ago in another thread
Unfortunately we've been through all of this before. Enough money is not generated via advertising and affiliate links, or donations alone to keep this place growing and expanding. By making search and profiles availble for free you take away a huge chunk of encouragement for people to even become Premium.

And to Tomer who thinks enough money is MADE on this site... you are so wrong.
http://forum.interference.com/t98691.html
Old 10-08-2004, 05:18 PM   #178
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks. I am pleased that Elvis is in the building. Perhaps he will appear in this thread shortly.

Thanks again.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #179
Refugee

Well I'm sure he's very busy and finds it hard to decide which threads most need his time and attention.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:30 PM   #180
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tip Top Prince
http://forum.interference.com/t97382.html

My apologies Katey. It was Angela Harlem who decided that the speculation = harrassment. Very strange.
Excellent work Tip Top.

I was told by Elvis himself about 3 - 4 weeks ago to cease with my 'destructive negativity'. I made a definite effort after that to just keep the hell out of EYKIW and its subforums. The whole point was my disbelief that this is Edge, had always been the problem. Do I think it is Edge? Hell no. I actually have a strong suspicion on who the actual person is, but unlike the reasons for my disbelief and proof of, I dont have any actual proof in this area (being who it is, not being Edge)... Just a whole bunch of suspicious question marks.

Which comes back to any other day, in the life of interference, is bugging members allowed? Not really. I can see full well why these alters are being bugged and I call this nothing more than self inflicted by this member. But, as our rules state, members can have alters as long as they are not abused. Members can post with their chosen nicknames without fear of being harrassed. Despite my absolute belief that Interference is being outright lied to, the person who is using this nick (unfortunately) still has the same rights as everyone else. I put unfortunately here in brackets because this happens to have evolved as one of the most contentious issues this site has seen in a long time, and like I said before, I truly think the person behind this alter has brought all this on him/herself. Go wave a nice juicy t-bone infront of a hungry German Sheppard, but dont come whinging to me when it bites you. Alas, on that day I was still a mod and my opinion couldn't matter - so I had to act as I did. There are by all means flaws in anyone's moderating, as we cannot act uniformly at all times, but that is the reason why that was closed.

I'm glad you brought it up.