Interference history...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Hmm, I'm not quite sure whether this should go here or Stuck In A Moment, but that seems like a technical help only area, so I posted it here.

Simply put, I'm just wondering about older versions of Interference. As you can tell, I registered sometime last year, and I'd just like to know about Interference before that. How long has it been around? Was it just "forum/chat/lyrics" all along? Who was the first member (other than Elvis, I assume) to register? What were the original forums, and which ones were taken away and which were added on? How old is New Media?

I'm just curious.

:crack: I used to check out Interference everday, back in 96, for the latest U2 news... right before POP.

OMG...I didn't know that those old versions were archived! Thanks!

Melon

melon said:
OMG...I didn't know that those old versions were archived! Thanks!
i can't believe i knew about this before melon! i love the archive.org site. it's funny cuz like all of my previous sites are archived, so i can see how crappy my old U2 site looked. :eek:

i remember coming to interference back in 96 or 97. i don't remember exactly when i started coming to the site, but when i saw the early archives (pre-blue blackground) i remembered it like it was yesterday. however, for some odd reason, i didn't discover the forums here until 2001. or was it 2002? i dunno, i registered as soon as i noticed them, so whatever my reg date says. :D

i also remember hearing about the discotheque leak, and wanting to listen, except i couldn't play mp3s on my computer! yeah, they were too cool for my computer - or more specifially, my processor.

that's some crazy stuff! *wishes she'd known about interference back then* *not that her family had a computer until 1998*

They frowned severely when you looked up U2 in the school library...

Back
Top Bottom