Indonesian Earthquake and One Campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balfron

Acrobat
I think it would be nice if you swapped the advert asking U2 fans for money for the earthquake to an ad somehow highlighting problems in Africa. Afterall this is an issue which comes through a lot of U2 songs, and Bono feels it is important, and it is important, so maybe another charity should be advertised there now the quake is over?

In the past we have focused on the problems in Africa as well as AIDS. We have supported the netaid, Jubilee, Drop The Dept, DATA, and ONE campains. The quake is the current focus. The problems from the quake are hardly 'over'.

oh thats cool, i didnt know you had focussed on these things before.

Although the problems of the quake will not be over for tens of years, a number of British charities at least have openly admitted that they recieved too much money for the quake and have given some to cancer research.

i wasn't meaning to say that the quake isnt important, i was just suggesting that you may get more money from a relevant cause, but i see you've already done that!

I agree the problems from the quake are hardly over but perhaps anyone who posts on here who would be willing to donate already has done so? We may be tapped out on that emergency....I would like to see something related to the One Campaign but it's your site Elvis....:)

Back
Top Bottom