Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 04:27 PM   #46
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:46 AM
Re: the best money i've spent

Quote:
Originally posted by ultra_violet_fish
Okay... i'm going to keep this short and sweet.

My name is Tim Foster. I have to admit i rarely use this forum. I love U2. I understand how important this place is. The last thing i want to see is the forum going under.

I made a donation. Not like i could afford it, but i can just give up whatever crap i was going to buy instead. IT was the best money i've ever spent.

There is NO reason not to donate. Even if you have a dollar. IT all helps!!! i'm serious. a few people with large donations amounts to nothing. I myself could only spare a small amount, but that's all that we need.

All of us giving just a little. MORE THAN ENOUGH. i'm giving and i don't even use this place. i just respect all of you and the cause.

Thanks,
Tim

p.s. - please find it in your heart to give. you'll feel great afterwards. i promise.
Well told, Mr. Foster! *applauds* I find you to be an inspiration. I've already gotten $20 on its way through snail mail today, but I'm considering dishing out $20 more.

Old 08-10-2002, 09:40 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:46 AM
I will donate as soon as i can!

Old 09-22-2002, 03:15 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:46 AM
I donated a few weeks ago and I'm going to donate again now.

I figure I spend more time in here then I do a bar and I spend about $50 when I go to the bar.

Hey! $50 or $100 is CHEAP for the entertainment and friends I have met on here!
Old 09-23-2002, 08:15 PM   #49
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld

I figure I spend more time in here then I do a bar and I spend about $50 when I go to the bar.

We need to go on a date!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:30 AM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Hello,

I wondered if this donations thing is still working. I also made a donation (finally) last Thursday or Friday and I expected it to appear in the tally in the upper-right corner. However, it still hasn't appeared, so I'm wondering if it has reached Interference. Or did PayPal (as I used that for donating) screw up? Should I worry about the money (granted, it maybe wasn't that much, but I'd rather see it in the right hands than being lost somewhere in cyberspace)?

C ya!

Marty
Old 10-06-2002, 12:09 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn
Hello,

I wondered if this donations thing is still working. I also made a donation (finally) last Thursday or Friday and I expected it to appear in the tally in the upper-right corner. However, it still hasn't appeared, so I'm wondering if it has reached Interference. Or did PayPal (as I used that for donating) screw up? Should I worry about the money (granted, it maybe wasn't that much, but I'd rather see it in the right hands than being lost somewhere in cyberspace)?

C ya!

Marty

If I'm not mistaken, Elvis is the one who changes the tally on the main page. So, if you don't see your donation up there, he just may not have gotten around to changing the total yet.

Thanks for your donation!
Old 10-06-2002, 01:23 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:46 PM
If we want to send our donations in the maiil is the address still the same? It's Joel's addy. I want to send another one but I don't want to send it to the wrong address. That would be pretty uncool.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:34 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

I was wondering what was the address again bc I actually lost the address and I cant find it anywhere! and I have money to send but no addy!!
Old 10-06-2002, 02:28 PM   #54
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Should be the same.. if you have questions about snail mail send an email to donate@interference.com
Old 10-10-2002, 01:07 PM   #55
Refugee

Local Time: 07:46 AM

I think I can spare .5 cents!! *goes to donate*
Old 10-22-2002, 04:29 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:46 AM
give a little bit, give a little bit of your $ ----$ to me...

I had this notion i wanted to send $50 Amercian dollars, seeemd the right amout to me.
But it's just not going to happen i am afraid.
Something about yesterday October 22, 2002, electrical storm. I had to deal with this.
So I had to settle for less., what I could manage, $40 Australian dollars. it seemed a somewhat appropriate u2ey figure to me( that by the way equals $22US...well it did once I paid the extra 10 cents.)

I resisted the urge to send Cd's. (that was tough) The man needs cash mister. So I too hope Joel's postal address is still current.
It took some doing, but I've done it. This site is worth a lot more than that...when I'm rich I'll share, for sure.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:12 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hmmm........interesting discussions that always brings a smile to my face.....without banner ads.......yeah, that deserves some cash.

I'm going to be sending some snail mail cash, so I'm just wondering, could you guys set up an alert system or something. Like if someone e-mails you and says they're going to send $20 snail mail, could you put them on a list with the other snail mailers and then send them each a message when their money is received? I just don't have too much faith in the postal service and I want to make sure the money gets in the right hands.

Also, anyone who thinks a subscription service would be good is totally wrong. The place would see many members dropping out because of lack of cash, and new members would be skeptical of joining. I think the donation way is the best way to go about things.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:27 AM   #58
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BigMacPhisto
Also, anyone who thinks a subscription service would be good is totally wrong. The place would see many members dropping out because of lack of cash, and new members would be skeptical of joining. I think the donation way is the best way to go about things.
true, but it sucks that so few people have been donating. i know the people that have been donating have been giving all that they can (myself included), but if the forum doesn't come up with more money soon, there may be no more forums.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:22 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Would combining similar forums reduce bandwidth? I mean Discotheque and Gatherings are kinda the same thing....

I donated before, but right now my finances are in the toilet and I probably won't be able to donate more until after the new year.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:20 AM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

true, but it sucks that so few people have been donating. i know the people that have been donating have been giving all that they can (myself included), but if the forum doesn't come up with more money soon, there may be no more forums.
How much more money is needed then? I know the counter at the top is not up to date. Maybe more than $5,000 is already in, but the counter has not been updated to give the impression a lot is still needed. Or if there really is not more than $1990 then I think Elvis has to contact PayPal ASAP as it seems they are frauding again (earlier this week another project made mention of fraud at a PayPal account: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...=thread&tid=98 ).

So, in the end, I'm not sure the forum is in such a dire state at the moment.

C ya!

Marty