Impatient Moderators - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 07:23 AM
Impatient Moderators

I've noticed a couple of threads closed down, e.g. the fake album review and the submarine lyric one - I then see a few comments from posters like "haven't we discussed this elsewhere blah blah blah...are you thick man?" kind of patronising responses.

We don't all spend countless hours in these forums analysing all threads before we dare to post anything - please be a bit more gentle at times, I know we're getting excited about the new album - nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 03:23 AM
Here here! Although there has been a lot of bickering going on, especially political stuff!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:23 AM
It's the job of moderators to keep a forum organized. They are closing down fake threads and rightfully so. Plus issues that are already disussed in another thread are usually either closed or merged, otherwise we'd have hundreds of threads discussing the same topics.

If you come to the boards only occassionally and do not live here, I think it's better and easier for you to orientate yourself if the forum is organized instead of posters just going wild with topics.

Some threads have been violently derailed by people. I guess if you just come here once in a while to check the facts and look for new info, it's totally annoying having to wade through thousands of off-topic or semi-funny fake posts.

Saying that an issue is already discussed elsewhere isn't patronising. It helps people, including the ones who start new threads, to find the right thread for the issue they want to discuss.

I think mods are doing a great job here. Not easy in times like these.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:23 AM
if anything, i think the mods have been very patient, considering the high amount of new threads that are being started that shouldn't. if anything, they're more patient than i am about it.

by the way, this should be posted in "Don't Expect, Suggest."
Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by standrums View Post
I've noticed a couple of threads closed down, e.g. the fake album review and the submarine lyric one - I then see a few comments from posters like "haven't we discussed this elsewhere blah blah blah...are you thick man?" kind of patronising responses.

We don't all spend countless hours in these forums analysing all threads before we dare to post anything - please be a bit more gentle at times, I know we're getting excited about the new album - nothing wrong with that.
But there is a stickied thread right at the top of the forum that says READ THIS FIRST that has a link to pretty much all of the news right there, with links to discussion threads. If the mods went through the trouble of creating such a thread, and adding such a label to it, don't you think you should...I don't know, read it first?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 07:23 AM
I think the moderators here do a great job, and with all these sources popping up at the moment it's extremely difficult to stay abreast.

I think closing threads down as quickly as possible is a good idea though, merging 2 lengthy threads can sometimes make for confusing reading.

People always like to think they are starting a thread that is going to get 500+ responses, i guess it's a vanity thing!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Actually, I do think some people in the threads are being patronizing.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Actually, I do think some people in the threads are being patronizing.
Don't say that about Unicorn!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by standrums View Post

My suggestion is, if you're not breaking major news (and you need to check the sticky thread before you do that), you should be very, very careful before you start a new thread because whatever you have to say has likely been discussed/is being discussed. Unless you have some brilliantly original thought (and even if you think you do) you should show some humility/respect and post it in an already-created thread.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #10
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:23 AM
some Mod ass kissing going on in here
Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyOnTheHorizon View Post
Don't say that about Unicorn!!!
People who posts things like and aren't being patronizing?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

not the time or place... if you have an issue with a closed thread, contact a mod directly.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
Refugee

Local Time: 05:23 PM
I feel that there has been afew threads that have been shut down a little pre-maturely recently. that said, if you wanna be part of the community i guess you gotta put up with the "powers that be".

That said, fakes and hoax's have no place in a forum like this and will only upset people.

On the whole i think the mods have done a pretty good job!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
not the time or place... if you have an issue with a closed thread, contact a mod directly.
No, I think the original poster has a valid point. I've been around here for a while, but I still wouldn't start a thread because everyone who does seems to get slammed for it.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

there are areas of the forum for complaints and ways to go about registering those complaints... this is not the area. valid point or not.