Impatient Moderators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

standrums

War Child
I've noticed a couple of threads closed down, e.g. the fake album review and the submarine lyric one - I then see a few comments from posters like "haven't we discussed this elsewhere blah blah blah...are you thick man?" kind of patronising responses.

We don't all spend countless hours in these forums analysing all threads before we dare to post anything - please be a bit more gentle at times, I know we're getting excited about the new album - nothing wrong with that.

It's the job of moderators to keep a forum organized. They are closing down fake threads and rightfully so. Plus issues that are already disussed in another thread are usually either closed or merged, otherwise we'd have hundreds of threads discussing the same topics.

If you come to the boards only occassionally and do not live here, I think it's better and easier for you to orientate yourself if the forum is organized instead of posters just going wild with topics.

Some threads have been violently derailed by people. I guess if you just come here once in a while to check the facts and look for new info, it's totally annoying having to wade through thousands of off-topic or semi-funny fake posts.

Saying that an issue is already discussed elsewhere isn't patronising. It helps people, including the ones who start new threads, to find the right thread for the issue they want to discuss.

I think mods are doing a great job here. Not easy in times like these. :up:

if anything, i think the mods have been very patient, considering the high amount of new threads that are being started that shouldn't. if anything, they're more patient than i am about it.

by the way, this should be posted in "Don't Expect, Suggest."

I've noticed a couple of threads closed down, e.g. the fake album review and the submarine lyric one - I then see a few comments from posters like "haven't we discussed this elsewhere blah blah blah...are you thick man?" kind of patronising responses.

We don't all spend countless hours in these forums analysing all threads before we dare to post anything - please be a bit more gentle at times, I know we're getting excited about the new album - nothing wrong with that.

But there is a stickied thread right at the top of the forum that says READ THIS FIRST that has a link to pretty much all of the news right there, with links to discussion threads. If the mods went through the trouble of creating such a thread, and adding such a label to it, don't you think you should...I don't know, read it first?

I think the moderators here do a great job, and with all these sources popping up at the moment it's extremely difficult to stay abreast.

I think closing threads down as quickly as possible is a good idea though, merging 2 lengthy threads can sometimes make for confusing reading.

People always like to think they are starting a thread that is going to get 500+ responses, i guess it's a vanity thing!

My suggestion is, if you're not breaking major news (and you need to check the sticky thread before you do that), you should be very, very careful before you start a new thread because whatever you have to say has likely been discussed/is being discussed. Unless you have some brilliantly original thought (and even if you think you do) you should show some humility/respect and post it in an already-created thread.

I feel that there has been afew threads that have been shut down a little pre-maturely recently. that said, if you wanna be part of the community i guess you gotta put up with the "powers that be".

That said, fakes and hoax's have no place in a forum like this and will only upset people.

On the whole i think the mods have done a pretty good job!

People who posts things like :doh: and :huh: aren't being patronizing?

I was sarcastic... i agree 100% with you, i think you you found the extactly word for something that bothered me in a few ocasions, despite i found myself patronizing people sometimes. :wink:

i agree.. if you have an issue about the threads being closed you need to contact a mod about it. This is definitely not the place for this kind of discussion.

So don't post here. I agree that maybe this thread doesn't belong here, but is nothing to get bothered about.

All I want to know is where is the "Impatient Thread Starter" thread? :scratch:

talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Why is it ok for lazy people to start as many duplicate threads as they want with the lame excuse of "I didn't see any other threads" but it's not ok for the mods to close them?

So don't post here. I agree that maybe this thread doesn't belong here, but is nothing to get bothered about.

wtf? I can if I want to... i'm stating my opinion as are you...

this is not the forum to have this discussion. Discussions about the new album belong here not a post about threads being closed prematurely.

Why is it ok for lazy people to start as many duplicate threads as they want with the lame excuse of "I didn't see any other threads" but it's not ok for the mods to close them?

maybe I should start that thread... :hmm:

agree with ya on the 2nd and 3rd part.:up:

We may not spend countless hours, but we can all read(hopefully). Even if you look at the last couple of days you would have found the submarine/gasoline thread. If the thread was weeks ago I'd probably see where you are coming from...

And why would you want to read a fake review? We've had so much misinformation and people coming in lying about "sources" that people are believing it and continue to spread that information.

As a moderator it's part of their job to make sure this place is organized and not spreading rumors. So I wouldn't call it impatience, I'd call it efficiency. Especially in this paticular sub-forum.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom