Impatient Moderators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other people have just as much of a right to post their opinion as do you.

And spin off threads = big no-no. Just sayin'.

I didn't make an order for him to not post here! I just said that if he/she think this thread is shit or is in the the wrong place and he/she is so bothered by this threads then don't post here, or don't complain so much.
I agree that out of place or fake thread should be closed, but the main thing said in here is that people here tends to be too patronizing.

So if a read something that doesn't interst me or if i think i shit i just stay out of it. If a choose to be a part of some dicussion i wouldn't call it a shit thread.

The fake review thread was closed because the new album forum isn't for fake reviews that will just mislead and upset people. That thread was reported several times this morning. It shouldn't take "countless hours in these forums" to quickly glance through a page or two of that forum's threads and see if an identical topic exists before just starting a new thread. I don't think that's too much to ask. As for patronizing responses to the duplicate topics, etc, those aren't really cool either. I may get frustrated seeing the 100th "new album tracklist!!!!" thread or whatever, but I'm not going to go into the thread making faces at the thread starter and calling them names. We have A LOT of new members right now, and old members coming around that haven't posted in awhile, and I hate to see them met with those kinds of responses. If a thread is an obvious duplicate, in the wrong place, whatever, reporting it so a mod can take care of it is the best way to deal with it.

People will complain and start reporting if the forum is a mess full of very similar threads, and they complain if threads get merged or closed too. Since we can't make everyone happy, we're trying to do our best to keep the forum organized without hurting too many feelings in the process. If there are any further questions about why threads are closed, they should be addressed to any mod/admin privately. Every member has private message access now, and our email addresses are in our sigs. t's against our rules here to make threads about why threads are closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom