idle thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickey

The Fly
perfunctory apology tendered in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum - didn't quite know where it's supposed to be placed.

Wasn't too long ago when I crafted a sermon about how music today is shaped by cornerstones of the past. I believe it started off with me talking about the doors/jim morrision and how they/he would have influenced generations that came afterwards. Morrison, Lennon, Elvis, Hendrix so on and so forth in countless ways, set the stage for my (our?) favourite band U2. Now, why am I going on about it here, in this particular forum? (is the million dollar question).

Well, anybody else see a certain symmetry in that the particular person who created this site goes by the handle of Elvis? The thought tickles me. As one you might call a "newbie" to these hallways, I've been going through the threads with some vigor and I keep coming across this God like Elvis character who's fashioned our U2 haven in his own image.

It's perfectly Elvis, and perfectly U2 and perfectly hedonistic.

Last edited:
grazi, for the compliment.
I'm afraid though it may be entirely unjustified, I've actually got an entry in my journal that reads "blah, blah, blah. blah. blah, blah." - it's rather moronic.

U2Man, are there any photos of you floating around? Of course, I'd be really disappointed if you don't really look like your avatar... :(

Back
Top Bottom