icons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

island girl

The Fly
Under User CP, there is a section called Subscribed threads, it only list a couple of the threads I've taken part in, how do I select the ones I want to subscribe to?
And also, on the left of the threads are 2 columns with little icons in them, how do I find out what they mead?

You know you might find a lot of answers to your questions by reading the FAQs.

http://forum.interference.com/misc.php?action=faq

When you reply to a thread, if you wish to subscribe to it just checkmark one of the first three boxes underneath the reply box. Depending on how you would like to receive notification of threads you've subscribed to. You may not want to subscribe to all threads you participate in because it can back up and overload your usercp to the point where you cant access it.

Also, I'm not sure which columns you are referring to...

as for the columns, i think i know what you're talking about. is the first column an envelope?

if so, the first column (with the envelopes): if it's open and whitish like this:
newfolder.gif
, then it means the thread has new posts.

if it's open and orangish like this:
newhotfolder.gif
, then it means the thread has new posts and is considered a popular/hot thread, with more than 20 posts or 150 views.

if it's closed and grey like this:
folder.gif
then the thread has no new posts since your last visit.

if it's closed, grey, and has little lines on top of it like this:
hotfolder.gif
, then it's a hot/popular thread with no new posts since your last visit.

if it has a lock on it like this:
lockfolder.gif
, then it means the thread has been closed.

finally, sometimes the envelopes (of any of those) will have a black dot in the center. that means it's a thread you've replied to at some time or another.

lastly, the second column contains smilies. it's just whichever one the user picks when they start the thread.

hope all of this helps! :wave:

Yes thanks, don't think I'll be able to remember that lot tho! lol
I did have a look through a lot of the faq's but couldn't find a key to the icons
Thanks again, guess I'll get used to this place eventually, really like here tho

You can always bookmark or subscribe to your threads so that you can refer to them later :)

Back
Top Bottom