I think I got a virus from a fake admin interference addy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream chaser

Acrobat
Fortunately my Norton caught it, but...

This is what it said:

----- Original Message -----
To: MYEMAIL@earthlink.net
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 10:36 AM
Subject: A very nice game

This is a nice game
This game is my first work.
You're the first player.
I hope you would like it.

And then it had an attachment.

And it was sent from:

admin-u2feedback@interference.com

:confused: :confused: :confused:

-Mel

It is part of the my doom virus which is going around. I personally have had a few from members on here who of course haven't sent me a virus. It's catching addresses from people's contacts and spreading it that way.

I'm glad your Norton's caught it. Admins and Interf will rarely send an attachment out, but its always good to be careful.

Angela Harlem said:
Admins and Interf will rarely send an attachment out, but its always good to be careful.

That's what I was thinking... I was like, hmmm, I doubt A) they would send an attachment and B) send something to ME saying I'm the first player -- lmao!

But I also caught the doom bidness on the news (that and my hubby is techno-geek from hell and always knows about these things b/f anyone else.... He did a scan on my laptop while I was out with friends b/c i rarely use that at home since i have a big ole pc...)

Anyhoo, yeah, I just wanted to give a head's up to y'all. I hope no one opens it. *shudder* :ohmy:

thx for the speedy reply, btw :D

Thanks for posting this dream chaser!
I knew a few of the mods and admins were getting this, though the subject lines on these emails seems to vary, but its good now that everyone will hopefully see this and be careful.

Darn hackers!
Ugh...
:D

As long as you dont open any attachments.. your computer will not become infected with any virus's.
You can open the email but delete it right away and dont click on any attachments.

I have been deleting these email virus's for the past 3 days like crazy :crack:

I've been deleting all week at work. I handle the lead's and request from our web site and over the last 3 days I've deleted somewhere between 250 to 300. We have both McAfee & Norton. Its removing some attachment but I'm still getting some and it got into our inter office email, that's a bit*h too.
Be careful

Back
Top Bottom