I still don't understand the point of Interference.com - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #16
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Martha, I understand your concern and it's been noted. Please rest assured I know the biggest asset of this community is the members. The last thing I want to do is to alienate you by making stupid decisions.

Some people questioned the need for a software upgrade but in hindsight its a huge step forward. I think we did a pretty good job keeping the Blue Crack looking as much the same as possible. So as time passes please try to judge me by my actions because through them I look forward to gaining your trust. I know it won't be easy and I am up for the task but just ask you be fair and try not to spread FUD (link). The analogy about being sold off as resort condos and having this site taken away is really over dramatic. Do you like it when U2 releases new CDs or do you wish they would have stopped with Rattle and Hum? Change does not have to be bad. Evolution can lead to making things better, it does not have to lead to making things worse. Please try to be positive and lets take this one step at a time.

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #17
She's the One

Local Time: 06:32 PM
Andy,

I'm not trying to spread anything. I've kept my comments in the appropriate threads, and I've tried to keep them to a minimum, posting only when I thought it necessary. I'm a huge supporter and defender if Interference, through all kinds of issues. If you're not sure about that, ask around. Ask Joel.

Yes, I did question the need for a software upgrade. I guess mods have seen more benefits than the rest of us, but I'll take their word for it.

Change only for the sake of change does no one any good.

I'll wait and see what happens, and I'll try to give you the benefit of my doubts. I want what's best for Interference, not what's best for advertisers and business owners.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #18
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Yes, I did question the need for a software upgrade. I guess mods have seen more benefits than the rest of us, but I'll take their word for it.
I think various new features are big benefits to the members too. They include the ability to upload photos to posts, interactive profile system (which quite popular), social networking (connecting with friends) an improved blog system, etc. We did not upgrade just for the sake of it. It was done to bring more features and tools to both the members and the moderating team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I'll wait and see what happens, and I'll try to give you the benefit of my doubts.
Thank you!

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote