I have an idea could everyone please read(including mods)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2sangel

War Child
21 Duke Street Dublin eating a gorgonzola sandwich
I have been thinking about the Diary show and it costing a thousand dollars for a well to be built in Africa.Here is my idea(and it is just an idea)what if somehow Interference members could contribute money to a fund to build wells?The only problem is I don't know where the money would be kept and who it should go to after it is collected.Maybe someone can offer suggestions unless it is just a crazy idea!!!!!!!I just thought this would be a great way to help out!

I've contributed to fund raisers by groups of U2 fans but I'll be damned if I've ever had anything to do with organizating them.:laugh: :lmao: I am the most disorganized person on the planet. :scream: :scream: :censored: Great idea, though. I'd love the feeling of "hey, we gave them a well and saved lives".

I'd be all for it!
I'm sure I could drop $50 or $100 no problem!

Heck, I'd even help organize (famous last words:banghead: )!

Here is my email if you want some help or whatever...

LoveBono@aol.com

Great idea!

The PLEBA Well!
I love it!

Ok- I have been laying in bed every night since Oprah and Diary thinking How can Interfernence help these people. I was thinking it would be great if there was an ongoing donation fund like the Interference donation fund where we could all PayPal or pay via cc, etc . whenever people had a few extra bucks. and then like once every 6 months Interference could donate the sum made to Data. or get the money to Bono so he can get it to the right people to build the wells or purchase meds, etc.
I think if there was an ongoing link on the top of all the different boards all the time, everyone could donate a little a month to the cause and we could see a lot of money within a few months.
I know my husband and I have been living on little money ourselves in the past year, but I know we could donate 5-10 dollars a month and if we all do, we will have some collective money real soon....
I will stop rambling now, but would love to help if I can....

I was in a group of people, with two people in charge, who raised money for Jubilee for Bono's fortieth birthday as a "spiritual" gift. One of the people in charge knew Bono. If none of us do, what the heck, we can contact Principle Management or DATA about the donation once we've decided it's time to fork over the $$ for a well or whatever. Personally, I like a well project because water helps every member of a community in so many ways. It's kind of a "springboard" for other things. We can start a "fund" thread, designate organizers, and have them collect the donations. Perhaps we can get the mods to help organize. Just my purple tuppence's worth.

I think this is a great idea ... I would be willing to contribute whatever I can, but its not much (very poor college student).

I just wanted to share a story of something somewhat similar that was done in the 90's. A teenager at the time named Dan Eldon organized a group of mostly teenagers that called themselves Student Transport Aid (STA) Through Dan's organization and ideas they raised money(selling t-shirts Dan had made. gathering donations from the wealthy, etc.) to help people in Africa and in order to make sure it got to the people that needed it...the group flew in to africa from various locations, went on a "safari" and took it there themselves... they used most of it to build a couple (I think, but at least one) wells so the people in those areas could have clean water...as far as I know, the wells are still there today. The rest of the money was also given to them for similar causes.

I know that this sort of thing is not possible for most people, but I just wanted to share it. I read about it from a book called Dan Eldon: The Art of Life Truly one of the greatsest, most inspirational books I have ever read. If anyone ever has the time, I would highly recommend reading the story of this amazing person's life. Sadly, Dan was killed at the age of 22 by those whom he tried so hard to help. If you'd like to read more about this, there is a website: www.daneldon.org

I think this is a wonderful idea, Angel! (Talk about livin' up to one's name! ;) ) I can definitely be of help and would love to, but I think I'll e-mail you privately about it. :D

Dot.

foray said:
What is pay via cc?

cc = credit card!

I don't mean credit card but I was just thinking it is easier for me to donate using PayPal or ATM card..... money orders are fine too.

I think this is a great idea and it would be great for interferencers to be able to help and donate. But at this time interference cannot be involved in this as we are trying to raise money ourselves to keep the forum going. Our donation goal is nowhere near being met. Of course you're more than welcome to set up your own site and have people donate that way but we cant have massive advertising for this all over the forum. We are in a hole as well as Elvis has been paying for the site out of his pocket for many years. I hope that is understandable.

Oh, sure, Sicy. In fact, I've been thinking "speaking of donations, I know Elvis needs them too".:laugh: I've donated to Interference and will be donating more. Sometimes I get frustrated because I'm not worth a damn as an organizer.:madspit: :censored: It's always "help, could someone *else* organize this thing?":laugh: :lmao: :shame: :lmao:

Last edited:
Hey, I like the idea of starting a list just for this purpose. That way anyone who wants to work on the well thing could just sign onto the list and there wouldn't be any potential conflict of interest situations. I know some people who aren't on Interference who would probably sign up.

u2sangel said:
Latest update,got an email response from Data about our project!They are definately interested in providing a link once this is up and running!Hope you will join us at the group site!:wave:

Wow, that is great! Congrats for gettin' this up and runnin'!

I was a bad girl...and I spent all of my money on selfish things...*coughRyanAdamsStuffcough* :reject: I'll try to get some cash together soon!

Back
Top Bottom