"http://forum.interference.com/" address not working...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
u2.interference.com works fine but f orum.interference.com has stopped working. If you try to get to the forums from f orum.interference.com, you get this:

Index of /

_vti_bin/
_vti_inf.html
cgi-bin/
images/
postinfo.html

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at u2.interference.com Port 80

EDIT: And now I notice that the forum is automatically changing any instance of f orum.interference.com in posts to u2.interference.com(hence the incorrect one in this thread's title)...

f orum.interference.com was the old link.. the new links (as of a few months ago) should be u 2.interference.com.

In any case I think everything is working now.

Now it says this:

Interferece's U2 Forum has moved to a new sub-domain name.

U2.Interference.com

Please update your bookmarks...

Now it says this:

Interferece's U2 Forum has moved to a new sub-domain name.

U2.Interference.com

Please update your bookmarks...

So all my old threads I kept...I'll have to change all the bookmarks, it won't redirect automatically?

I've been using the same link forever and it would bring me here, but as of today it didn't.

Nope it doesn't redirect anymore. I'm used to typing in forum .interference.com to get here, but it doesn't auto redirect me anymore. :(

I know that, and I'm not complaining about the actual change....but

This Sunday evening we will be changing the subdomain the forums are accessed on from \forum\.interference.com to \u2\.interference.com. All the old links will still work and be directed to the new subdomain.

I guess I just didn't notice some later announcement that the re-direction wasn't permanent is all.

I know that, and I'm not complaining about the actual change....but

I guess I just didn't notice some later announcement that the re-direction wasn't permanent is all.

Yes exactly that.

I changed the startup page at home and such, but since the forum thing gets redirected I'm used to typing in forum .interference.com at uni, and it always worked. I didn't know that that wouldn't be permanent.

Yeah, I don't see what the harm is in still letting f orum.interference.com redirect to u2.interference.com.

Please try to update your bookmarks. Your pages will load more quickly with out the redirects and this will help everything run more smoothly.:up:

If you have certain threads that you follow intently don't forget to subscribe to them. That way when you log in you can view all your subscriptions in your usercp (and get e-mail updates of posts).

Actually, now I'm having a problem with just the regular ole, u2.interference.com

I was here earlier today, signed out and left it on the sign in page. 8 hours later, come back, and it won't let me sign in. I kept get a server timeout error. I finally had to go to google, and then go thru the mainpage....

Actually, now I'm having a problem with just the regular ole, u2.interference.com

I was here earlier today, signed out and left it on the sign in page. 8 hours later, come back, and it won't let me sign in. I kept get a server timeout error. I finally had to go to google, and then go thru the mainpage....

We had a brief server outage - sorry for the snafu :wave:

Quit your bitching :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom