HTML code for strikeout?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Would it be possible to have the ability to cross out words we type using HTML code, so there's a line through it?

I do realize the only real reason to have this function is for comic effect, but I love using it on other sites. :)

It would probably have to be in ubb code or whatever since he doesnt have html enabled here. I'll fwd this along.

I usually go with a "[word cut short]...:uhoh: [corrected word]" approach. For example:

Cori, this topic is a wast...:uhoh: good idea.

Yeah, I think the crossed out would be better. :scream: SICY! Can you fix that?

You can use different fonts here? I never knew that. Cool.

I didn't know you could change fonts, either!

Don't tell anyone - I'd hate this place to turn into a giant mass of comic sans ms.

Thanks for passing it along, Sicy!

corianderstem said:
Would it be possible to have the ability to cross out words we type using HTML code, so there's a line through it?

I do realize the only real reason to have this function is for comic effect, but I love using it on other sites. :)

Presently, no.... but in the future possibly. we'll keep this thread open as a reminder.

Drat.

See, if we had the code, I could have struck out "drat" and then typed GREAT! instead. :wink:

I totally do not understand what that is. What's the gimmick? All it did was type my message across the screen.

Back
Top Bottom