How to "fix" the forum (IMHO)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slane

Babyface
Reduce the # of boards to about 4 or 5 (topically divided, but shared). That way, the incentive to post on the appropriate board won't be overwhelmed by the fear that nobody will read it.

The boards will share "topics", but post titles make it easy to differentiate.

This way, folks won't get frustrated with re-hashed topics and questions and be so prone to go off on others.

Just my $.02

Slane

...or.....nah, you don't wanna know what I'm thinking
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 07-12-2001).]

That has been debated before but I doubt it would work because with this system one could go to a forum about one subject and find what they want easy, reducing the number of forums makes that harder. This is the only forum that is as wide ranging in this whole place.

~rougerum

I wholeheartedly agree with Slane.

And I know your opinion, because you've stated it many times before, but there are SO MANY forums that don't get sued at all... Million Dollar Hotel, It's Official (until Salome's hostile takeover) and many many others. They're pointless. And I know I spend a lot of time here, but if you think me or anyone is going to check over 30 different forums, even if they are interested in the topics of all of them, that's just nuts.

But Dream Out Loud must be kept how it is.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 07-12-2001).]

People have been complaining about the number of forums for a long time now, i agree that there should be less....but if they haven't done anything up till now.....i doubt they will...

------------------
Dont Give Props To The Devil
-------------------
His eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity. And Gen-Tree's vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that if he kicks us in the teeth, we'll then lick his toes and beg for another kick? - CatDubh

Fact: The ability to artistically arrange words in an amusing manner does not qualify someone to be the leading social voice of a forum. - MadelynIris

Actually, ppl here think GT is just an ass. plain as that. Deal with the fact that he says a whole heap of shit and ppl dont care about it. Call it freedom of speech, or him having a joke, call us banding together to form the forum conspiracy. Who cares? What GT says means little to most. - Angela Harlem

Originally posted by Gen-Tree:
People have been complaining about the number of forums for a long time now, i agree that there should be less....but if they haven't done anything up till now.....i doubt they will...

Indeed, just like they won't make more names for people beyond Fly and Babyface!

maybe if there were even more forums I could stay clear of some of the posts I don't like

then again, no forum is save from me
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I figured this probably wasn't the most novel idea, but I'm not here much, so I missed any previous discussions.

Anyway, I agree with whoever thought of it first!
biggrin.gif

Acrobat - interested to know what you were going to say...

Think that is an awesome idea...& if your gonna post stomething in forum or you have no clue if it belongs there..I think before the post people should type "OT" = off topic.

Just so people can have heads up...

I always think less is better at times

Lemonade stand should be the ONLY off-topic forum then. Right now, this forum is off-topic as well, so nobody posts on LS.

If the U2-only forum was moderated as such, it would be a nice balance.

What this forum needs is for the number of posts and status to disappear altogether. If this doesn't happen, we're gonna be even more divided than we are now, this will become a bitching arena and i will leave. And you certainly don't want me to go now, do you?
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom