How do I make a picture to be 72 by 72 pixels to be on my avatar?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
There are a lot of pictures out there that I would really like to put in my avatar but I can never find one that is 72 by 72 pixels as it is requested here. Does anyone know how I can make that happen, take a picture that I want and put it on my avatar or maybe a site that has pictures with that size thingy? Anybody?

While there is always the option of Image Googling, the best thing to do is to get yourself a nice photo editing program (i.e. photoshop). Really doesn't need to be anything major... just something that allows you to cut and resize.

Yeah...what Cleasai said. Otherwise, you can post it here, and somebody will do it for you. Or you could email it to me to do it.

it's pretty easy to do. Do you have paint? If you use the strech/skew option under "image" you'll be able to shrink the picture down. Just use the stretch option. It'll take a bit to figure out what percentage you need to use and you might have to keep doing it until it's small enough. To figure out the size just go to attributes under "image." Just play around in paint. It's really easy.

I love making avatars. If you ever need one post a pic and I'll make it. But you can do it yourself. Be warned though, it's addicting. I've made over 150 Bono avatars :uhoh:

U2Kitten said:
I love making avatars. If you ever need one post a pic and I'll make it. But you can do it yourself. Be warned though, it's addicting. I've made over 150 Bono avatars :uhoh:
yeah i know! i used to make myself avatars all the time. i finally had to cut myself off so i've had this one for a while.

I've only changed my avatar once (b/c someone else started using mine, but NO ONE better steal this one 'cus I made it from my own artwork).

Anyway, just use MS Paint. It's free, super easy, and you already have it :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Anyway, just use MS Paint. It's free, super easy, and you already have it :D

I tried but I could only focus on a part of the picture, I coulden't make the whole thing small. Is that even possible?

U2Kitten said:

:applaud:

Thnaks a lot. When I find a picture I like I'll post it here then.

TheBrazilianFly said:

I tried but I could only focus on a part of the picture, I coulden't make the whole thing small. Is that even possible?

if you read my other post I wrote out the directions on how to do it :)

I never did learn how to make them in paint. I couldn't resize them. I had to wait until I got adobe on this computer too.

Everybody look at my avatar!!!! I learned how to make them!!!!! :hyper: This is just the first out of a billion more!!!! :evil: All right maybe not a billion but many more!!! :D

Thanks so much for everybody that helped and offered their help!!!! You all rule on my cool book!!!!! :hug:

EDIT FOR THE FUTURE WHEN MY AVATAR CHANGE: First avatar was from The Rolling Stone magazine cover where it says the making of Achtung Baby. I already did some more..... :crazygrin:

Last edited:
So after I did my first one I did a bunch of others the exact same way and now I tried to change this avatar I got for another one I made but I got this message: The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again. :| What? I compared the first one (the only one accepted) with all the others and it's all the same. What's happening now? :huh

Back
Top Bottom