How about a warning next time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
I knew about a year ago that I paid my dues to be a Premium Member, and that I had to renew for the next year around March or April. But without any warning, my premium membership got cut off. Is there anyway to let us know about 30 days ahead of time when our membership runs out so that I don't come on here like I did just a few minutes ago and discover that I couldn't read my PM's? I was like, "WTF?!?!?" Then I suddenly remembered what was wrong. My question is, can we have a smooth transition by paying a little bit ahead of time so that we won't get cut off unexpectedly?

I just don't want to have to wait hours, days, or even weeks to get my PM's back, that's all.

Well, looking at the left it seems as if you're still Premium. :)

*still waiting for his Premium membership to kick in*

:hmm: I think I remember getting a pm or an e-mail or something, but that was 5 months ago so I could be wrong. I don't think I would have remembered on my own.

Schmeg said:
:hmm: I think I remember getting a pm or an e-mail or something, but that was 5 months ago so I could be wrong. I don't think I would have remembered on my own.

knowing about you problems remembering what day it is, i don't think you'd remember on your own either.

;)

To Bonosloveslave: Thanks for the B-day greetings!

To Popmartijn: I emailed Elvis just before I made this thread. And he responded quite quickly to my problem. Thanks Elvis! That's why I am back to being a premium member. But again, I wish there wasn't a disruption in service.

To Martha: I paid my dues last year using PayPal with my credit card, but it did not renew automatically for me. Why not? I have no idea. I had heard of that, but it just didn't happen.

You were all sent reminders by email. Perhaps you need to update your email address.

Also, make sure your credit card information is updated in paypal. If it is, it should automatically renew your subscription every year.

Sicy said:
You were all sent reminders by email. Perhaps you need to update your email address.

Also, make sure your credit card information is updated in paypal. If it is, it should automatically renew your subscription every year.

I just figured out why I never got one. Remember last year it took me months to get my Premium status? What happened was back in August of 2002 I made a donation to the website before there was ever a Premium Membership created. Then a few months later in November I wasn't able to get into my profile anymore and couldn't figure out why. I thought becoming a Premium Member was automatic after making a donation, but mine was never turned on. So after emailing Interference a few times over a period of about four months, I finally got my membership straightened out. So it wasn't until March 2003 that my membership was turned on, and it wasn't connected to my old paypal account because my name was on an old donation list. So I can say now that I don't have to worry about it anymore because my account in paypal now shows "subscription." Seeing Sicy's name reminded me because she was the person that helped me out last year to get it turned on. Again, thanks Sicy for all of your help!

Pinball Wizard said:
I thought that would be the course too...

apparently it isn't.

:down:

If you subscribed via PayPal you would need to find your subscription in your History, and cancel it.

Back
Top Bottom