Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
start your own thread then.
thats the thing, if i did it would be closed

where do the people who dont feel part of any of the existing 5 cliques go to chat?

theyre homeless

Old 01-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

I believe some people might feel excluded.

Don't tell me

......and you should know why, shouldn't you?

Old 01-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:16 AM
As a notorious chat thread offender (seems to be the only place I post these days as I get ignored or yelled at in other forums by people with 2892619546719265973 posts who've been here for three days but that's ANOTHER thread), I would be and have been all for a giant merge/chat thread forum/COEXIST/whatever. My "clique" is also notorious for being unwelcoming, but that doesn't necessarily pertain to all the members. At the same time, I've been timid about going into other chat threads and upsetting the people there. I guess what I'm saying is that I am all for talking to new people in a "safe" environment, but that's probably not going to happen. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:16 AM
I still think the best solution might be to have a seperate forum for chat and game threads. That way, the people who want to chat can go to their particular thread and the ones who don't care to chat can avoid them by not going into that forum.

Even if nothing is done, this will be the eventual outcome because as of now Lemonade Stand has become the chat and game thread forum, like it or not.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:16 AM
i my clique
Old 01-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #51
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:16 AM
Take a look at other forums... just about every single forum I've seen is the same way, if not worse. Filled with game and chat threads. There is no way to get away from it. It's everywhere. Personally, I think we here have a much better amount of order in our forums than other forums, even though there may be a lot of chat/game threads. Moving them all to one forum has already been discussed as well (there is a thread on this page I believe), with the same problems as discussed before.. where to put the forum, how angry people would be of having all the threads in one forum since many game threads pertain to each specific forum, how to distinguish exactly what is a chat thread, etc. Just about every thread in LS somehow ends up being a chat thread or going off topic so there are a lot of things to consider here, its not as easy as most think to just create a solution and I know Elvis doesnt have the time right now to work on the forum so we're basically going to just have to deal with it for now. If you dont like the chat threads skip over them. If you want to chat, pick one of the threads and go chat. It's really pretty simple.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yeah, there really aren't any easy solutions on this one.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #53
New Yorker

It takes time to build conversations and relationships with people in any thread but from what I've seen and experienced the describe thread welcomes all...come join us for a describe session.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
If you dont like the chat threads skip over them. If you want to chat, pick one of the threads and go chat. It's really pretty simple.
Exactly! Why can't some of you see this? I was NEW to Describe once! I don't even remember why I picked that particular thread, but I just started chatting with the people who hang out there regularly and got used to it. That's what any newbie would do! What is the big deal? Nobody has to feel left out!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:29 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Exactly! Why can't some of you see this? I was NEW to Describe once! I don't even remember why I picked that particular thread, but I just started chatting with the people who hang out there regularly and got used to it. That's what any newbie would do! What is the big deal? Nobody has to feel left out!
Right, but why can't some people see that this could all be done in one thread rather than spread out over five?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #56
War Child

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Can I just say hi? Can we turn this into a chat thread too?
Old 01-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

Right, but why can't some people see that this could all be done in one thread rather than spread out over five?
Because... the threads would totally lose their individual personalities or characteristics that make them attract new people in the first place! As much as you would like to show us that all chat threads are the same, they aren't!

Describing the person above you is not same as posting randooooooom musings which is not same as testje-ing (whatever that means ) and that is not same as having a drink at the Octagan Bar!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

This is what a new member had to say about Describe...

Quote:
Originally posted by tuwie
hi =) i actually didnt knowa bout this thread until a few minutes ago, but i love it here already. you guys are cool! ;] :handshake:
Old 01-17-2006, 09:49 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:16 AM
Big Grin

Hey Chizip....I experimented a little back in October 2005 by creating a supposed "merged" thread, combining all the titles into one thread. I thought it would both be humorous and a test to see how the different cliques could "coexsist"....here...check it out:

MERGE --> Random DESCRIBE of Tesjte's Octagon Bar... + INTERVIEW what UR doing now

IF you read through the whole thread, you will see at least two people got fairly nasty about it (at least one of those people are getting WAY too defensive here too).

My thoughts: people like that should not leave their little cliquey threads. They do not WANT to co-exsist...then lock them in their little worlds!
Old 01-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #60
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:16 AM
How did I never see that thread