Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #31
musicidalist

Local Time: 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld
Why does there seem to be so much confusion about axver? Am I wrong or was he not just temporarily suspended from the tour forum and NOT banned?

Doesn't seem that dramatic to me.

But, most of the things people here seem to completely spaz out about don't seem that dramatic to me.
You are not incorrect on any of your points.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Elvis owns this board.

The mods and admins are people who's opinions and attitudes he respects and is comfortable with. Together they decide what is and isn't acceptable here.

We (the registered members) decide whether we can abide by those parameters or not. If we can abide, we stay; if we choose not to abide we are free to leave.

The very fact that this thread is still open (and has been responded to) shows that your view is not being automatically quashed. However, your "suggestion" boils down to "I don't like how this board is being run." You're entitled to your opinion, but the simple fact is, the board is run the way Elvis wants it to be run, and the people chosen as mods and admins are the people he trusts and feels are best suited to the task.

We all know (or should know if we bother to read) that when we register.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Partyslammer

I think some people here at least appear to walk on eggshells when it comes to posting for fear of pushing some sort of envelope that might get them "reported."

T.B.
Some people (apparently you) seem to believe that thinking about what you post prior to posting is a major blow to your rights as a human. But I think people should think about what they say before they say it (or post it). Not from any fear (I don't think the fear of being reported is all that strong -- it's only a message board after all, even a banning isn't the end of the world ), but simply because it would eliminate some of the jaw droppingly stupid comments people can make.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:41 AM
Quote:

Excellent points. Frankly, I don't think "getting one's feelings hurt" or any kind of objectionable comment up to obvious threats or combative behavior is a reason for someone to be banned or even reprimanded. I think some people here at least appear to walk on eggshells when it comes to posting for fear of pushing some sort of envelope that might get them "reported."

T.B.
Right. So people should be allowed insult, curse out, belittle, mock, use racial slurs, etc others. Get real. If people can't be civilized then they can't be here.

I believe all the things I've listed can be considered "combative behavior."

And I can assure you that people do not walk on eggshells here.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

And I can assure you that people do not walk on eggshells here.
Sometimes it feels more like a mosh pit.

(and yes, I've been in mosh pits. I thought (and still do think) they are stupid as all hell.)
Old 03-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #36
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Elvis owns this board.

The mods and admins are people who's opinions and attitudes he respects and is comfortable with. Together they decide what is and isn't acceptable here.

We (the registered members) decide whether we can abide by those parameters or not. If we can abide, we stay; if we choose not to abide we are free to leave.
You're kidding... I could have sworn a few people told me this was a facist government ruled by a dictator.

What a concept!

BTW... Indra, I'd like to thank you for being an intelligent human being, the world seems to be in great need of more rationally thinking people. I'm dead serious. No sarcasm.

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #37
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

BTW... Indra, I'd like to thank you for being an intelligent human being, the world seems to be in great need of more rationally thinking people. I'm dead serious. No sarcasm.

Joel

We need more Indra's around here
Old 03-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:41 AM
So it's "childish" to report a post? I don't think so, the feature is there for a reason I assume or it would be eliminated. Trust me, I have let so much slide around here that I shouldn't have, so much CHILDISH behavior and rude/offensive things directed personally at me-observing the people who are guilty of it, it's just not worth it to me to even bother. They're not worth it to me. But I'm not going to do that anymore, I'm tired of it. If I feel like someone has crossed the line as I understand the rules around here, I'm going to report it. I don't feel comfortable dealing with it personally w/ the person because in most instances frankly the person scares me. I've been around here enough and long enough to observe people around here and how things work so to speak. I recall a mod here even recently made a journal entry encouraging people to report posts for the stated valid reasons because the mods can't be everywhere.

If people conduct themselves in a reasonable manner around here then they have no reason to be concerned. And no offense, but to say that anyone "walks on eggshells" around here is ludicrous. I don't see that at all. In fact if more people here would exercise some common sense self-control and self-censorship, that would be a great thing.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld

Doesn't seem that dramatic to me.

But, most of the things people here seem to completely spaz out about don't seem that dramatic to me.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I honestly can't, for the life of me, figure out what everyone is freaking out about. All Sicy did was give a rude, petulant child a time out to cool off. She has a ton more patience than I do... all the mods do. I had given up participating in most threads because of certain members' persistent hostile and juvenile attitudes that are completely uncalled for.

You mods do a great job.

Hopefully, the mood around here will change for the better...
Old 03-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #41
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Re: Heavy Handed Moderating

Quote:

Frankly, the Interference forums are moving closer and closer to a very close-minded, overly sensitive bunch that borders on fascism. It's almost amusing that the official U2 site has a far more liberal and open minded policy toward varying opinions.

T.B.
A forum that actually puts up with me, is anything but close-minded.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:41 AM
I don't have to much to say but just want to say this, the mods here(especially Sicy) do a brilliant job, they ARE fair with people. If you break a rule, you get what you deserve.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

i think we all, myself included, sometimes take this place a wee bit too seriously.

it is, after all, just an internet message board.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #44
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:41 AM
I think some people here are way too sensitive about things (maybe even myself on occasion).

I also don't always agree with the way some things are handled, but that's true about everything in life, so I try to take the approach that unless it's a really important issue, (which an internet message board shouldn't be), it's best to turn the other cheek, move on, and not get caught up in it.

That said, on this board I think in general most things are handled very fairly.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going to throw my wonderful 2 cents in!

I think the mods do a fantastic job of moderating these boards. The crap that they put up with on here amazes me! They want to do this job because 1. They love U2 and 2. they have created fantastic friendships here. Because they deal with alot of negativity and fights on here doesn't mean that they need to leave. This is what they want to do. I think the mods are fair and respectable and I truly commend them for that especially Sicy. She really does not deserve to get shit on.

I was a member of another board and quite frankly it was the most poorly run site I have ever been on. People insulting each other, talking about other member's families, people being banned but coming back under an alter, etc. etc. Do you really want that to happen here? I certainly don't! I believe if you don't like the rules that are posted here then you are welcome to leave at anytime. No one is forcing you to stay. This is a U2 community where we talk about U2, other things and (sometimes people) make friendships. This is not a site where people have free rein to insult the mods and be disrespectful of other members.

I like the way this whole site is run but some people definitely need to chill out and take a break. If people have issues with each other take it to pm or email each other. The name calling is out of control lately esp with what has happened to the band's family member.

Oh and btw just because you've been here for a year doesn't mean that you know everything. A bunch of people have been here longer than you just so you know.