Get the games out of Bang and Clatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for at least thinking about it, Sicy.

And actually, now that I think about it, maybe you could create the subforum differently. Let the threads run up to 500 where they are, and then when they are locked, have people start the new thread in the new subforum. That way you don't have to move them. The threads have to be monitored for when they get to 500 anyway. All that would have to be done is create the subforum and alert people to the gradual change. All new game/chat threads could be started in the subforum from the get-go and people could decide for themselves whether they're worth keeping around rather than the way we have it now with all new games getting the axe immediately. Just another thought.

Last edited:
there clearly are no right or (extremely) wrong answers here.

it's a good thread though, good discussion.

but i've come to a personal decision. i won't complain any more about all the ridiculous chain/game threads in lemonade stand, and furthermore, i actually haven't in quite a while.

however...if certain members could abstain from RUINING my threads by being complete senseless beasts resulting in the closure of my threads, that would be all i ask for in return.

as the moderators have said, there's no way to do this without pissing people off.

A question for those who object to their threads dropping off the first page of B&C (frankly I don't care what happens in LS).

Have you ever considered the possibility that the threads you post, no matter how snintillating to you, just doesn't interest all that many people here and that's why they drop out rapidly?

I mean, I adore The Church, Steve Kilbey, Isidore, Art of Fighting, Gersey, and various others. But if I started a thread on any one of those it would die a very quick death here, because not that many people are interested in them here. That's ok...I can work them into almost any discussion at all, no matter what the original subject was (as I'm doing here :D ). Perhaps the threads you see drop off so rapidly are similarly uninteresting to most people here.

Just a thought. :shrug:

Wish I had spelled scintillating correctly in my last post... :grumpy:

Thank you all for your comments, ideas, suggestions, etc.

I am closing this thread for now as we (the mod/admin team) must discuss this amongst ourselves. There will be no immediate changes however.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom