Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 03:22 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Hey that's why I added
so out poor favorite bands can get ignored by even more people?

Old 02-21-2005, 04:34 PM   #32
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Quote:
Wow for some of you that 'dislike' this board so much you sure are adamant about changing things.

About the game and chat threads.. personally I feel that if they were all in one forum, it would kind of defeat the purpose. I cant imagine people playing a music game thread in IO or a forum just for those kinds of threads Each forum has a subject and serves a purpose.. and the game and chat threads pretty much fit into those specific forums. Plus I do believe we've had this discussion before about making a forum just for threads like these and I dont think it went over very well.

As for your first comment.... lol... I noticed the same thing.

And.. you're right... we've already discussed this previously and we decided against it for the reasons you already mentioned.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:59 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:36 AM
Getting back to the original topic, I think it would be great if we could keep "Bang and Clatter" as more of a serious music forum.

Seeing the general scope of LS, we could move the musical game threads to LS. I must admit that I'm generally annoyed by all these monstrously large threads that really have no point, but since LS is meant to be kind of an "anything goes" forum, perhaps those game threads would have a better home there.

Melon
Old 02-21-2005, 09:57 PM   #34
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Yeah but then LS would just be cluttered with long threads.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:36 AM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier

LS is already cluttered with long threads - describe, randoooom, testje, and that bar is 4 already, are a few more really going to hurt?

oh, and if i don't use the smiley, and something falls to page 5 faster than a boulder to the bottom of the ocean, i can atleast delude myself into thinking that people just missed it. i bump and it gets ignored again, then i have no choice but to think that people around here really don't give a shit about my favorite bands.

last thing - it's not that i hate this place, i just hate some of the people (and if someone reading this thinks i hate them, relax- it's probably not you, and if it is...why really care anyway? chances are you hate me too).
Old 02-22-2005, 06:42 AM   #36
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
last thing - it's not that i hate this place, i just hate some of the people
it's indeed difficult to hate webspace yes
about as difficult as ti is easy to hate wankers
Old 02-22-2005, 10:33 AM   #37
Neon Zebra

Quote:
i bump and it gets ignored again, then i have no choice but to think that people around here really don't give a shit about my favorite bands.
i'm not saying this to rile you up, IWB. i've always respected and liked you as a poster, but that statement seems to be taking it just a bit too personally.

i looked at one of the threads you're talking about. the one you said took twelve hours to sink to page two. i saw that it was about some pretty agressive bands - which are not really my thing - so i read your review, chuckled to myself at the excessive use of the word "fuck" and then moved on.

it wasn't that i didn't "give a shit."

i just didn't have anything to contribute. simple as that.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #38
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

I think that's often the case for many people.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
last thing - it's not that i hate this place, i just hate some of the people (and if someone reading this thinks i hate them, relax- it's probably not you, and if it is...why really care anyway? chances are you hate me too).
Ack!! That sounds like every job I've ever had...I enjoyed the job, I just hated the people!
Old 02-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #40
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
too many importants in there too
i thought of you when i posted a new important in the mp3 forum. i took like two or three down so now there's just like two there.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:32 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:36 AM
Quote:
Ok help me out here.. I only see maybe 2 game threads in B&C right now and I dont really see any threads that need to be merged?

The number of games and game-type threads varies from time to time. Sometimes there's one on the front page. I remember once when there were four or five, including two versions of the same game. Right now there are three.

The merging problems also come and go. Mofo and I were talking about it--it's not so much that there are three threads about The Killers all on the front page, it's that there is a new Killers (or whatever band) thread every week, it seems. Even one of the mods started a new 'music list' thread when we already had one just a page or two back. I guess for those of us who spend the majority of our interference time in B and C, we notice a lot more when threads about the same topics or bands get started over and over. But a lot of the oldbies are good about finding those threads and trying to keep all the discussion about a particular band or album all in one spot for easy reference. For example, rather than separate threads to discuss the release date of the new Tori Amos album, her book, the album coming out, the tour, and so on, those of us who are fans of hers have kept all such discussion in the same thread, even when it meant going back a few pages to find the Tori thread. Keeps things a lot easier to follow.

And I got your PM, Sicy. There was no need to worry, but thanks for letting me know anyway.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:39 AM   #42
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

i'm not saying this to rile you up, IWB. i've always respected and liked you as a poster, but that statement seems to be taking it just a bit too personally.

i looked at one of the threads you're talking about. the one you said took twelve hours to sink to page two. i saw that it was about some pretty agressive bands - which are not really my thing - so i read your review, chuckled to myself at the excessive use of the word "fuck" and then moved on.

it's understandable that a lot of people aren't going to care about hardcore music here, it's a u2 board.

yeah, i do tend to take it a little too personally. hell, i know when my threads don't go completly ignored, that's what the number of times read statistic is there for. so 7 or 8 people (not counting the times i had to go back and edit the overly atrocious spelling mistakes) did look at it.

what i do take personally is that i get the impression that 90% of the time people don't bother with my threads because i generally am talking about either more aggressive stuff, or that people have read some of my threads in the past or scrolled past my "now listening" posts and have a general idea of what i listen to, which they're willing to write off completly as being something they're not into. from that last thread in particular, i was hoping someone might check out the dirty water (which is far less abrasive, i really don't expect anyone around here to fall in love with ramallah or anything!) links and tell me that i have shitty taste in music or it's cool or whatever.

but it's a message board and i should probably be shot for taking anything personally/seriously.

haha, did i really use "fuck" that much?
Old 02-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Anyone ever thought of doing a band index for B&C? It could be stickied at the top of the page and people could see if someone had already posted a thread on a particular artist before.

I know, it would probably be a nightmare for the poor soul who tried to do it, but if you have a masochist on staff....
Old 02-27-2005, 05:28 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:36 AM
B&C is heaven compared to LS. That place is 90% bogged down with various game/chat threads. It makes it very hard to navigate, which is why I tend to do a search before ever starting a thread there.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:32 PM   #45
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Anyone ever thought of doing a band index for B&C? It could be stickied at the top of the page and people could see if someone had already posted a thread on a particular artist before.

I know, it would probably be a nightmare for the poor soul who tried to do it, but if you have a masochist on staff....

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Closed Thread