Gender Indicator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Would it be possible to let users list their gender underneath their avatars with their other info? I can't tell you how often I'm talking to someone and I have no idea what gender they are.

namkcuR said:
Would it be possible to let users list their gender underneath their avatars with their other info? I can't tell you how often I'm talking to someone and I have no idea what gender they are.

Why is this so important for you?
:eyebrow:

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:
i don't understand what's the big deal. if you want to know, then pay for premium membership so you can see profiles. it's only $1 a month.

I thought it was $2 a month. Eh, same difference. I'll do it as soon as I finally have a credit card to my own name.

namkcuR said:
I thought it was $2 a month. Eh, same difference. I'll do it as soon as I finally have a credit card to my own name.

You can also do it w/ PayPal if you have a debit card. I've never had a CC, but PayPal doesn't care.

i'm happy not knowing people's genders and if I was premium would probably not bother checking the profile to find out...means we don't get people treating people differently because of they're a (wo)man...

I know that this is a very small percentile, but some of us, like myself, have parents that dislike their children paying for anything at all, online.

But like I said, small percentile, so I will take my leave now. :wink:

Many people don't list their gender, so it would not matter if you were a premium member in that regard.

I remember seeing some site last summer that included a small gender gif (or whatever you want to call it) with their name/location/registration information that we can all view... :shrug:

Lila64 said:

I remember seeing some site last summer that included a small gender gif (or whatever you want to call it) with their name/location/registration information that we can all view... :shrug:

the Guestbook script I use for my Ali Hewson page has that. I'm not sure how easy/difficult it would be for Elvis to add that in here though.

People here are still assuming I'm a man! It happened again the other day...

i can see why people would be pissy about paying just to know the sex of some other member. yeah...like im gonna pay 2 dollars just to find out joe schmoe is actually a female. just ask for god's sake lol.

icelle said:
i can see why people would be pissy about paying just to know the sex of some other member. yeah...like im gonna pay 2 dollars just to find out joe schmoe is actually a female. just ask for god's sake lol.

Oh, I know Joe, and he is a male. So no need to join! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom