Free U2 Tickets!!! Is this a scam???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
What's the deal with this FREE U2 Tickets thing????
Is it a scam?????
It's been reported in the mainstream press so I'm just wondering what's up???

Scam.

I did the first few steps just to see what was required and its not free. You have to sign up for a minimum of 9 offers, complete them and 2 friends have to do the same.

I'm sure not going to sign up for a satelite dish or join an online dating service (contract required) to get 2 free tickets.

By my calculations, it would cost about $500 for those 2 "free" tickets.

I checked into this as well. As Bono's American Wife mentioned, not only do YOU have to complete 9 offers, but you have to refer 2 people who must ALSO complete 9 offers.

Many of the offers have conditions and are not simply 'sign up and cancel'. For credit card offers, you have to make purchases/balance transfers and wait for those to be completed. I imagine other deals have waiting periods as well.

Add to it, the fine print doesn't guarantee you tickets. By the time you and your 2 referrals complete all of the requirements, they could "run out" of the allotment of tickets.

For the money you end up spending on all the deals and the stress and hassle of getting yourself out of contracts, you're probably better off going through a ticket broker!

Thumbs down on this offer!

Back
Top Bottom